Share:

We have updated the forum software 🙂 ! We are now working on upgrading the whole site and the Forum to a dark theme...  so please refresh your internet browser twice to properly update the forum appearance AND functionality... Check your internet browser for the refresh function, on windows, this usually is the F5 button, but it depends on your internet browser.

OpenGL Button  

RSS

(@minusman)
Neutron Star Customer
March 9, 2019 14:46  

Hi Mabula, I have installed APP in my Ubuntu 18.04.
I noticed that.
The OpenGL symbol is always yellow after an update from OpenGL 3.0 to 4.5 so not active. A mouse click on the symbol does not cause a
change.

Bildschirmfoto von 2019 03 09 14 34 20

This topic was modified 1 month ago by Mabula Haverkamp - Admin

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
March 9, 2019 23:34  

Hi @minusman,

If the OpenGL symbol is yellow, it would usually mean that there is a problem with the OpenGL driver, for some reason the OpenGL initialization fails.

Perhaps you can elaborate about:

"The OpenGL symbol is always yellow after an update from OpenGL 3.0 to 4.5"

So, I assume you update your graphics drivers and then OpenGL in APP is broken ?

Can you tell me which graphics card and which OpenGL drivers you are installing?

Kind regards,

Mabula

Main developer of Astro Pixel Processor and owner of Aries Productions

ReplyQuote
(@minusman)
Neutron Star Customer
March 10, 2019 00:38  

I have a Radeon Fury X graphics card. The driver is the Mesa 18.3.3 which is included in the Padoka Stable PPA( https://launchpad.net/~paulo-miguel-dias/+archive/ubuntu/pkppa).

With best regards,

Henry

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
March 12, 2019 20:41  

Hi @minusman,

Okay thanks, we need to do some testing and get some output from your Ubuntu + Mesa 18.3.3 installation to solve this.

Can you open a terminal/console and run the glxinfo command?

Can you send me all output?

I will try to create a test installer that will extract all output of the opengl initialization on your computer, which should tell us a lot more 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
March 12, 2019 23:14  

Hi @minusman,

I just got confrimation, that there is an issue with the opengl library that APP uses and the latest version(s) of Mesa under GNU Linux... so you must be triggering this.

I know that this issue is being dealt with.

So for now, I suggest, you use a bit older Mesa version on which the OpenGL initialization does work. In the meantime, I'll communicate with the opengl library people on what I can do to speed-up the fix. Okay?

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@minusman)
Neutron Star Customer
March 12, 2019 23:35  

It's okay,Mabula. It's not so bad at the moment, the CPU rendering is luckily still available. I need the latest Mesa version for other software that needs it. I can make a screenshot only at the weekend.
With kind regards.

ReplyQuote
Share: