APP 1.077 not run o...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

[Solved] APP 1.077 not run on Kubuntu 18.04 LTS

49 Posts
6 Users
7 Likes
(@pekdar)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Just downloaded and installed in /opt/...

darek@darekpc:20:07:/opt/AstroPixelProcessor$ ls -lh
razem 9,6M
drwxrwxr-x 3 root root 84 lut 28 20:04 app
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 14K lut 27 17:56 AstroPixelProcessor
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 304 lut 27 17:56 AstroPixelProcessor.desktop
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 7,6K lut 27 17:56 AstroPixelProcessor.png
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 9,6M lut 27 17:56 libpackager.so
drwxrwxr-x 3 root root 160 lut 28 20:04 runtime
darek@darekpc:20:07:/opt/AstroPixelProcessor$ pwd
/opt/AstroPixelProcessor
darek@darekpc:20:07:/opt/AstroPixelProcessor$

When I try tu run APP I've got troubles with ..GDAL dependency?!? and few others as shown below:

darek@darekpc:20:08:/opt/AstroPixelProcessor$ ./AstroPixelProcessor
lut 28, 2020 8:08:15 PM it.geosolutions.imageio.gdalframework.GDALUtilities loadGDAL
INFO: Failed to load the GDAL native libs from "gdalalljni". Falling back to "gdaljni".
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no gdalalljni in java.library.path
lut 28, 2020 8:08:15 PM it.geosolutions.imageio.gdalframework.GDALUtilities loadGDAL
WARNING: Failed to load the GDAL native libs. This is not a problem unless you need to use the GDAL plugins: they won't be enabled.
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no gdaljni in java.library.path
lut 28, 2020 8:08:15 PM it.geosolutions.imageio.plugins.turbojpeg.TurboJpegUtilities loadTurboJpeg
WARNING: Failed to load the TurboJpeg native libs. This is not a problem, but the TurboJpeg encoder won't be available: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no turbojpeg in java.library.path
lut 28, 2020 8:08:15 PM it.geosolutions.util.KakaduUtilities loadKakadu
WARNING: Failed to load the Kakadu native libs. This is not a problem unless you need to use the Kakadu plugin: it won't be enabled. java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no kdu_jni in java.library.path
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.InternalError: XXX0 profile[2]: GL2 -> profileImpl GL3bc !!! not mapped
at com.jogamp.opengl.GLProfile.computeProfileMap(GLProfile.java:2098)
at com.jogamp.opengl.GLProfile.initProfilesForDeviceCritical(GLProfile.java:1976)
at com.jogamp.opengl.GLProfile.initProfilesForDevice(GLProfile.java:1895)
at com.jogamp.opengl.GLProfile.initProfilesForDefaultDevices(GLProfile.java:1861)
at com.jogamp.opengl.GLProfile.access$000(GLProfile.java:80)
at com.jogamp.opengl.GLProfile$1.run(GLProfile.java:239)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at com.jogamp.opengl.GLProfile.initSingleton(GLProfile.java:225)
at com.jogamp.opengl.GLProfile.getProfileMap(GLProfile.java:2324)
at com.jogamp.opengl.GLProfile.get(GLProfile.java:1042)
at com.jogamp.opengl.GLProfile.get(GLProfile.java:1071)
at com.jogamp.opengl.GLProfile.getMaxProgrammable(GLProfile.java:847)
at nW.a(Unknown Source)
at astroPixelProcessor.AstroPixelProcessor.f(Unknown Source)
at astroPixelProcessor.AstroPixelProcessor.<init>(Unknown Source)
at astroPixelProcessor.a.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:758)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:74)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:728)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)
darek@darekpc:20:08:/opt/AstroPixelProcessor$

I need support.

BTW the 1.075 version works.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Thank you for reporting the issue, I've told Mabula to check the posts tagged with 1.077 so he'll come back to you shortly.

pekdar reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Dear @pekdar @vincent-mod,

The GDAL warnings are just warnings from an external library that we use for TIFF read and write support, those are always shown when you run APP from the commandline.

Your issue indicates that your graphical drivers have I problem I think with our OpenGL initialization.

Have you installed the latest drivers for your graphical card with OpenGL support?

Judging from the error, it seems that there is no support for OpenGL core profiles.

I think I can make a Linux installer that will directly work though using the opengl configuration of 1.075. I can prepare that quickly for you.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @pekdar & @vincent-mod,

I have prepared new installers which should work now on all Linux distributions.

Please try these APP 1.077.1 installers and let us know if APP works again 😉

DEB installer:

https://apastropixelprocessordl.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/astropixelprocessor-1.077.1-Linux-DEB-64bits.zip

RPM installer:

https://apastropixelprocessordl.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/astropixelprocessor-1.077.1-Linux-RPM-64bits.zip

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@pekdar)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin

No, it not fix my problem. More details:

digging in the internet in the related threads, it look like this is bug realted to Radeon GFX cards with Java in use or opposite :/
I'm not familiar with Java developing but on below threads, there are information with very similar problem like I have and itis related more with Java and particular AMD GFX cards like mine Turks [Radeon HD 6500/6600 / 6700M Series].

Hope abowe information gives you more light on the nature of the problem.

https://github.com/processing/processing/issues/5308   <-- it looks almost same problem as mine.

https://github.com/processing/processing/issues/5476

This post was modified 4 years ago by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @pekdar,

Thank you very much for all information.

The issue is quite clear indeed, it is only happening on AMD graphical chipsets and I have contacted the maintainers of the OpenGL library that I use: JOGL

But for now, APP 1.075 was working well on your system, right? APP 1.075 was using an older JOGL version, so I will try to make a new installer which is using the exact same library as in 1.075 😉 That should solve the issue.

Will let you know when it is available 😉

Mabula

pekdar reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pekdar)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin

Based on the Internet information I also though about JOGL as a reason of my trouble in back of my head but as I mentioned... I'm not a Java developer, so I would prefer to leave precise diagnostic to you 😉

I'm glad that you took quick contact with OpenGL library maintainers.

I confirm that APP v1.075 works without any problem on my present configuration. Even today I did stack with 28 light frames with Veil Nebula and pre-processing with functions available in APP.

So, I'm waiting for new compilation APP v1.077 with JOGL from 1.075.

In the queue I have a many Lights frames to stack, can't wait for new version 😉

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @pekdar,

Can you please try this version APP 1.077.2 and let us know if this works correctly now?

Please remove/purge/uninstall the old APP version first, before installing this new version.

https://apastropixelprocessordl.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/astropixelprocessor-1.077.2-Linux-DEB-64bits.zip

https://apastropixelprocessordl.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/astropixelprocessor-1.077.2-Linux-RPM-64bits.zip

If it works correctly, then we are very happy !

Otherwise, can you again show the error message that shows when starting APP from the commandline?

thanks in advance 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@pekdar)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi @mabula-admin

Before installation with new version I've uninstalled old version and cleanup.

No, it still not works 🙁 here is console output:

darek@darekpc:16:54:~$ /opt/AstroPixelProcessor/AstroPixelProcessor
mar 01, 2020 4:58:37 PM it.geosolutions.imageio.gdalframework.GDALUtilities loadGDAL
INFO: Failed to load the GDAL native libs from "gdalalljni". Falling back to "gdaljni".
mar 01, 2020 4:58:37 PM it.geosolutions.imageio.gdalframework.GDALUtilities loadGDAL
WARNING: Failed to load the GDAL native libs. This is not a problem unless you need to use the GDAL plugins: they won't be enabled.
mar 01, 2020 4:58:37 PM it.geosolutions.util.KakaduUtilities loadKakadu
WARNING: Failed to load the Kakadu native libs. This is not a problem unless you need to use the Kakadu plugin: it won't be enabled. java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no kdu_jni in java.library.path
mar 01, 2020 4:58:37 PM it.geosolutions.imageio.plugins.turbojpeg.TurboJpegUtilities loadTurboJpeg
WARNING: Failed to load the TurboJpeg native libs. This is not a problem, but the TurboJpeg encoder won't be available: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no turbojpeg in java.library.path
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.InternalError: XXX0 profile[2]: GL2 -> profileImpl GL3bc !!! not mapped
at com.jogamp.opengl.GLProfile.initProfilesForDeviceCritical(GLProfile.java:1976)
at com.jogamp.opengl.GLProfile.initProfilesForDefaultDevices(GLProfile.java:1861)
at com.jogamp.opengl.GLProfile.getMaxProgrammable(GLProfile.java:847)
at nW.a(Unknown Source)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:74)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
darek@darekpc:16:58:~$

Looks it is more serious and depend from some more files, related from 1.075 version to get it works on my configuration in my opinion.

I'm open for next version to take test if you have more ideas how to fix this.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @pekdar,

Thank you for the feedback, okay, I will now prepare a test installer that should give some additional output on the commandline to get to the bottom of this... This error is really specific to AMD chipsets somehow, maybe there is an error in the mesa driver, or JOGL does not know how to do it...  We will figure this out 😉 Sorry for the inconvenience.

What I also can do, is make an installer which has no OpenGL support, at least you can then process with 1.077, but the image viewer will be a bit slower.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@pekdar)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi @mabula-admin,

For quick workaround with disabled OpenGL support this could be sufficient. Then I could use latest version APP.

I'm also ready for debug version to help you.

I did some more tests in the meantime and results are very interesting. When I blacklisted the radon driver and reboot system, then APP 1.077 start works but whole system was useless. With system default video driver I had few FPS screen refresh rate with lower resolution of screen. So, for sure the problem is somehow realted to radeon driver.

Another story - Did I mention? that when I switch button from OpenGL to GL3 then APP v1.075 is not loading images to viewer? It does when I switch from GL3 to OpenGL.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Dear @pekdar,

Please try APP 1.077.5, i have made additional changes to the opengl initialization, and I am hopefull that this will do the trick... :

https://apastropixelprocessordl.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/astropixelprocessor-1.077.5-Linux-DEB-64bits.zip

https://apastropixelprocessordl.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/astropixelprocessor-1.077.5-Linux-RPM-64bits.zip

If it still does not work, I do expect quite a different error message 😉 so I would be interested to see that one.

Another story - Did I mention? that when I switch button from OpenGL to GL3 then APP v1.075 is not loading images to viewer? It does when I switch from GL3 to OpenGL.

Okay, but then OpenGL did not work at all in 1.075, if you see OpenGL in orange, it means that APP falls back to software rendering using the CPU of the images.

If GL2, GL3,GL4 is shown, it means OpenGL is actually being used. Based on the info that you gave, I would expect that you will be able to have GL3 enabled in APP... If it works, image drawing should be much nicer and faster than the CPU renderer.

Thanks for your help, that is highly appreciated 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@pekdar)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi @mabula-admin,

Version 1.077.5 has been installed:

darek@darekpc:08:08:~$ sudo apt-cache search astropixel* -f
Package: astropixelprocessor
Priority: optional
Section: Graphics;Science;Astronomy;ImageProcessing;
Installed-Size: 280382
Maintainer: Aries Productions - Mabula Haverkamp <support@astropixelprocessor.com>
Architecture: amd64
Version: 1.077.5
Provides: astropixelprocessor
Description: Astro Pixel Processor
Astrophotography - Deep Sky Image Processing software
developed by Aries Productions - Mabula Haverkamp
Description-md5: b81a664bbc00be9ee990e3496acdc7f7
Homepage: https://www.astropixelprocessor.com

darek@darekpc:08:09:~$

It still not works. Here you have a console output for APP version 1.077.5 :

darek@darekpc:08:11:~$ /opt/AstroPixelProcessor/AstroPixelProcessor
mar 02, 2020 8:11:52 AM it.geosolutions.imageio.gdalframework.GDALUtilities loadGDAL
mar 02, 2020 8:11:52 AM it.geosolutions.imageio.gdalframework.GDALUtilities loadGDAL
mar 02, 2020 8:11:52 AM it.geosolutions.imageio.plugins.turbojpeg.TurboJpegUtilities loadTurboJpeg
mar 02, 2020 8:11:52 AM it.geosolutions.util.KakaduUtilities loadKakadu
at com.jogamp.opengl.GLProfile.getMaxProgrammableCore(GLProfile.java:870)
at nW.a(Unknown Source)
darek@darekpc:08:11:~$

With quick look to console output, I don't see serous difference. Only that Kakadu plugin is initialized later than before?

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @pekdar,

The issue has been forwarded with all details to the JOGL library developers, you can follow our communication here:

http://forum.jogamp.org/JOGL-2-4-rc-20200115-b1500-Linux-Failure-Bug-tc4040394.html

Indeed, the bug only happens with certain Mesa drivers and certain AMD/ATI chipsets, and is similar to a bug they have already solved I think or they did not fix it yet completely... To get OpenGL working properly on your system, I think we have to wait for a solution now from the JOGL team...

For now, I will make Linux RPM & DEB installers where OpenGL is disabled completely, so you can at least enjoy the other nice improvements of 1.077 😉

Hopefully, the JOGL team finds a solution quickly, in my experience, it usually does not take long.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@pekdar)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi @mabula-admin,

Thanks for all you did until now. I'll be following the thread on forum JOGL.

I'm waiting for 1.077 version with OpenGL disabled.

ReplyQuote
(@gclayton)
Molecular Cloud

Linux Mint Tricia 19.3 - APP installs but will not run. I have tried to run from the command line but receive the following :-

./AstroPixelProcessor
Mar 03, 2020 11:52:06 AM it.geosolutions.imageio.gdalframework.GDALUtilities loadGDAL
Mar 03, 2020 11:52:06 AM it.geosolutions.imageio.gdalframework.GDALUtilities loadGDAL
Mar 03, 2020 11:52:06 AM it.geosolutions.imageio.plugins.turbojpeg.TurboJpegUtilities loadTurboJpeg
Mar 03, 2020 11:52:06 AM it.geosolutions.util.KakaduUtilities loadKakadu
at com.jogamp.opengl.GLProfile.getMaxProgrammableCore(GLProfile.java:870)
at nW.a(Unknown Source)

Have tried to go back to previous version but am told that later version already exists.

Hraham

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @gclayton,

Thank you for reporting this problem, as you can see, I have merged your post because it is a duplicate 😉

This bug seems to occur on Linux distributions with Mesa 19.2.8 graphical drivers and an AMD/ATI graphical chips. Can you confirm that this is the case for you as well and give us the following information so we can solve this bug?

We require output of the following command on the commandline:

glxinfo -B

The issue is a conflict of APP's OpenGL library with the mesa driver it seems and we are working with the OpenGL library developers to solve the bug.

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @pekdar & @gclayton & @okuehn63 & @deeamailovicky,

Please try APP 1.077.6 with OpenGL completely disabled. This version should start on your distribution now 😉

https://apastropixelprocessordl.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/astropixelprocessor-1.077.6-Linux-DEB-64bits-noOpenGL.zip

https://apastropixelprocessordl.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/astropixelprocessor-1.077.6-Linux-RPM-64bits-noOpenGL.zip

We have narrowed down that this bug is a conflict between our OpenGL Library JOGL and the Mesa graphical driver (19.2.8 ?) and AMD/ATI graphical chips. We are working to solve this issue and an official bug has been created upstream here:

https://jogamp.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1426

Please let me know if this version with OpenGL disabled works and starts okay now 😉

Thanks,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@pekdar)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi @mabula-admin,

The version of APP v1.077.6 now works on my configuration 👍 

I've just installed it few minutes a go and run. Now I'll take some test with stacking process to be sure it's usable 😉

APP v1.077 6

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Excellent @pekdar 😉

Thanks for confirming,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@minusman)
Black Hole

Hello Mabula, I don't know if it helps but there is a new version. Mesa 20 this is a developer version( https://www.mesa3d.org/relnotes/20.0.0.html ), which can be integrated into Ubuntu based Linux OS via PPA. For example ( https://launchpad.net/~kisak/+archive/ubuntu/kisak-mesa )

In the link is an installation guide and description.

ReplyQuote
(@minusman)
Black Hole

Hello Mabula, today I installed APP 1.077 on my old PC with AMD HD6870 graphics card with current Ubuntu. APP doesn't start, not even with the developer version of Mesa 20. When I start APP from the command line I get the same messages as Pekdar.

With kind regards

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @minusman,

Thanks, so that confirms that using Mesa 20 is no solution, the bug is still there.

You will need to use the Linux versions without OpenGL, there is a unresolved fatal bug between the OpenGL Library and Mesa drivers on AMD/ATI graphics chips. The bug has been reported upstream to the OpenGL library developers.

Download 1.077.6 for Linux without OpenGL, that should start without problems.

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/appreleases/downloads/

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@pekdar)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi @minusman,

I've installed Mesa 20 yesterday and I have the same result, bug is still there. We need to wait patiently for bugfix. You can follow thread on bugzilla with jogl, the link you can find in few posts earlier as you know 😉

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi pekdar @pekdar & @minusman,

Maybe the OpenGL library developers have a solution to the Linux OpenGL(3) mesa bug.

I can now build a test version with a possible solution and full debugging enabled for the both of you which could help us more. Are you willing to try this solution and report back to me? If yes, I will build it tomorrow and send the both of you download links to test it.

You can follow the bug here:

https://jogamp.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1426

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@minusman)
Black Hole

Hello Mabula, I'd like to try it sometime.

ReplyQuote
(@pekdar)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin

Sure! prepare a test version and send to me a link with download.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @minusman & @pekdar,

Thank you very much.

Please try this first:

download this file: jogamp-fat.jar to your linux machine:

https://apastropixelprocessordl.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/jogamp-fat.jar

Open a terminal/console:

make sure java is installed on your linux machine:

execute java -version, should give something like this:

mabula@LinuxMintVirt:/opt/AstroPixelProcessor$ java -version
java version "1.8.0_202"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_202-b08)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.202-b08, mixed mode)

If java is not installed, simply install the default java for your distribution, the java version is not relevant at this moment.

Now go to the folder where you downloaded the jogamp-fat.jar file and execute this:

java -Dnewt.debug=all -Dnativewindow.debug=all -Djogl.debug=all -Djogamp.debug=all -jar jogamp-fat.jar 2> debug_logs_[your-name].txt

mabula@LinuxMintVirt:~/Downloads$ ls -ltr
total 249904
-rw-rw-r-- 1 mabula mabula 194042837 Mar 9 2019 jdk-8u202-linux-x64.tar.gz
-rw-rw-r-- 1 mabula mabula 50131921 Mar 9 2019 eclipse-inst-linux64.tar.gz
drwxrwsr-x 7 mabula mabula 4096 Mar 9 2019 eclipse-installer
-rw-rw-r-- 1 mabula mabula 11712967 May 27 12:31 jogamp-fat.jar
mabula@LinuxMintVirt:~/Downloads$ java -Dnewt.debug=all -Dnativewindow.debug=all -Djogl.debug=all -Djogamp.debug=all -jar jogamp-fat.jar 2> debug_logs_mabula.txt
X11Util.initSingleton()
mabula@LinuxMintVirt:~/Downloads$ ls -ltr
total 251388
-rw-rw-r-- 1 mabula mabula 194042837 Mar 9 2019 jdk-8u202-linux-x64.tar.gz
-rw-rw-r-- 1 mabula mabula 50131921 Mar 9 2019 eclipse-inst-linux64.tar.gz
drwxrwsr-x 7 mabula mabula 4096 Mar 9 2019 eclipse-installer
-rw-rw-r-- 1 mabula mabula 11712967 May 27 12:31 jogamp-fat.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 mabula mabula 1516982 May 27 12:34 debug_logs_mabula.txt
mabula@LinuxMintVirt:~/Downloads$

The command will output a large text file with debugging information that hopefully gives the answers that we need to solve this. In my case, the txt file is the file: debug_logs_mabula.txt

Please send your debug file to me as an email attachment and I will make sure that the OpenGL library developers will receive it a.s.a.p.. Please send it to : support@astropixelprocessor.com

Thank you in advance 😉 let's solve this !

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@pekdar)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin

Done!

Mail has been sent.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin