Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Comet registration and layout issue with beta 2.0.0. release

11 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@luckybudd)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi there!  Thank you for the new release!  My question is two-fold.  First, I am having an issue with the layout of the new beta version... as you can see from the attached image, I am unable to click on the "confirm" option for my comet registration since it is off the screen 🙂

Also, I am wondering if, included in the new beta version, is an option in integration to keep the comet stacked with no star trailing.  

Thank you!

Screenshot (90)

ReplyQuote
(@dtc1999)
Red Giant

Posted by: @luckybudd

First, I am having an issue with the layout of the new beta version... as you can see from the attached image, I am unable to click on the "confirm" option for my comet registration since it is off the screen 🙂

If you notice on the Registration box, there is a scroll bar along the right side of box. That will allow you to move to the area that is off screen. Is this what you were asking? or did I misunderstand your question?

Right now you can only align the comet or the stars, but not both. I asked the same question a few days ago and Mabula replied that he is going to start working on the feature soon.

ReplyQuote
(@luckybudd)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

@dtc1999 Cheers, I will try that!  I am noticing that the layout of the beta version is pretty wonky for me overall, but so happy they keep adding to and improving the program!

Is there a tutorial anywhere else on comet stacking and getting round stars (like using photoshop to combine)?  I know several people stack in APP 2 times (one on comet and stars) and combine later but I could def use some pointers!  It will be a great feature when it is ready!

ReplyQuote
(@dtc1999)
Red Giant

@luckybudd I am sure there are ways in PS and PI to combine images to get sharp stars and comet, but I have never learned those programs. The only way that I have done it is with DSS. It's comet stacking has an option to have sharp stars and sharp comet. It will do 2 stacks in the process and then combine them for you. I was never able to get good results from it, though other people have. I just keep banking up comet data until APP has the feature. 

ReplyQuote
(@luckybudd)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Much appreciation, my friend!

ReplyQuote
(@rrosenberg8)
Molecular Cloud

I am required to click on the nucleus on every image for my current data set from last night, That wasn't the case for the previous night's images. I'm using the latest Beta. Is this due to the rapid motion of the comet? Any settings to try and make it easier? The comet motion is several pixels in each dimension. 

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@luckybudd)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hey,

I would defer this question to @vincent-mod.  He would know the ins and outs of the software way better than me!  I would suggest, while you are waiting, to try it with an older version and see?  

ReplyQuote
(@rrosenberg8)
Molecular Cloud

I tried it again with fewer images and it worked. The initial try was 150 images, 80 was OK

ReplyQuote
(@rrosenberg8)
Molecular Cloud

I tried it again with fewer images and it worked. The initial try was 150 images, 80 was OK

ReplyQuote
(@luckybudd)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

@rrosenberg8 Aces!!

ReplyQuote
(@rslobins)
Brown Dwarf

I am running 2.0.0-beta9, processing images of C/2022 E3 (ZTF).   I followed Mabula's video tutorial and have a serious issue:

1.  Registration of the comet--I go to linear, that is, no stretch.   I zoom in far enough to see clearly each pixel.   When I point and click at the pixel in the nucleus with the maximum brightness, the crosshairs are at the upper left of the nucleus.   I therefore have no control over the positioning.   Unacceptable.

I will be grateful for any assistance with this.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Robert Slobins

ReplyQuote
Share: