Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Star Reduction Tool is Great

4 Posts
4 Users
5 Likes
(@jrbuchanan)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

I love the new star reduction tool.  Below is a quick video that shows my initial thoughts and experience using the tool.  I would love to see a discussion get started about how to use this tool better.  What can I do to make it work even better?  

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@richielisa)
Red Giant

@jrbuchanan - brilliant little tutorial. Thanks for this. Just going to give it a try now.

regards

Richie

Mark Abbott reacted
ReplyQuote
(@markabbott)
White Dwarf

Thank you Joe for posting this excellent tutorial!  I downloaded APP 1.083 Beta2 to try the star reduction tool but I was lost until I found your video

Here is my first attempt at using the tool after watching your tutorial....

NGC1499HOO StarReduced

ReplyQuote
(@davidackerman)
Brown Dwarf

Hi Joe,

Very nice tutorial on star reduction.  I wonder how much more effective the user community would find this useful tool if the instructions available by mouse hovering were a bit more detailed.  Or maybe a link to an instruction page that showed the effects of individual sliders (showing blow-ups obtained at 10% and 90% slider positions) would encourage more users to try star reduction.  I found your quick tutorial provided details that increased my understanding -- so I'm not asking for much.

David

ReplyQuote
Share: