Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Saving image after using the Light Pollution tool

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@b777capt)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi,

After stacking my subs and seeing the resultant image with all of my light pollution gradients, I usually run the light pollution tool. I have noticed that when the tool finished I have a much improved image with most of the gradients removed. However when I save the same image, some of the gradients return and the saved image isn't the same (or as good) as the image that was present when the LP tool finished. 

I must have a setting wrong somewhere but if so, I can't find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I think you're saving the linear unaltered image. You can save a stretched version by clicking on the "save" button on the right-hand side of APP, next to the preview window. Make sure the "stretched" button is checked.

ReplyQuote
(@b777capt)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Thanks,

When the Pollution tool is finished, there is a box in that section that says something like "OK and save". I don't use that command to save the LP corrected image?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yes that saves the corrected image, so that should be the same as what you corrected for. Are you sure you're loading in that particular corrected image?

ReplyQuote
Share: