Share:
Notifications
Clear all

31 July 2020 - Comet Registration video tutorial using APP 1.083-beta1 released.

30 July 2020 - APP 1.083-beta1 has been released introducing Comet processing! This 1st beta has comet registration. The stable release will also include special comet integration modes.

9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

[Sticky] Combining R, G, B with Ha & OIII data using an Optolong L-eNhance filter  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

(@kevin-lewis)
White Dwarf Customer
January 10, 2020 12:24  

@vincent-mod

It looks like once you have run all your data through the APP steps from load to integrate you can simply drop into tab (0) change the algorithm and then say Yes to the renormalising dialogue box.

If you then go straight to tab(6) and hit the Integrate button again APP will re-normalise and integrate the data using the changed algorithm. No need to clear and reload the image and calibration files

Kev

(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
January 10, 2020 12:31  

Yes, I think that's indeed possible. I simply kind of forgot about it as I rarely use this type of data, which I will now address. So thanks for making that quite clear. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@michel82)
Red Giant Customer
January 22, 2020 22:06  

@vincent-mod

The rotation works fine, however the stack artefacts will remain because there is no option of MBB when using the combine RGB tool (tab 9).

Today I also got several java errors during star an analysing (tab 3)….. All frames are calibrated but around 70% star analysis it gives the JAVA error. Never had this issue before…. Tomorrow i'll try again and will post the java error message.

thanks for your help.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
January 26, 2020 10:55  

Sorry to hear that Michel, APP 1.076 will have quite a few updates to the star analysis algorithm, it will come out as a beta soon. This week Mabula and I will be in London for Astrofest, I think Mabula will work to release a beta somewhere this week still but can't guarantee.

ReplyQuote
(@deeko76)
Brown Dwarf Customer
January 27, 2020 18:37  

I too have been experiencing various Java errors when following the OPs workflow, sometimes during the star analysis and others in the normalisation. I discovered it was because I manually setting and forcing the Bayer CFA pattern under the '0 RAW/FITS' tab as I normally do for my standard integration workflow. By leaving the patten as 'supported' and the 'force Bayer CFA' box unchecked I no longer experienced the errors. 

ReplyQuote
(@julian)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
June 6, 2020 20:47  

Hi Vincent

I have followed your workflow precisely and everything has gone fine until I have gone to combining the 6 files in RGB combine and I got the java error.  I added each file and when I went to calculate, the error message appeared?

Screenshot (4487)
Screenshot (4488)
Screenshot (4491)
Screenshot (4490)
Screenshot (4489)
Screenshot (4494)
Screenshot (4495)

Are you able to give me any advice please as to how I can combine them?  I am running APP V 1.079.

Thank you

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
June 7, 2020 12:06  

Well, that's a bit hard to judge without the data. Would you be able to send it to me to have a go as well?

You can upload some to our server (<- click that link) with username/password: appuser

Please create a directory called "julian-rgbcombine" and I'll have a look asap.

Thanks, Vincent

ReplyQuote
(@regpratt)
White Dwarf Customer
August 10, 2020 15:38  

Thank you for posting this workflow. It is my understanding that what is happening here is that you're combining 2 sets of OSC data, 1 broadband RGB and 1 multi-narrowband OSC data. What if I wanted to combine e-Nhance data with true Ha and Oiii mono data? Would the workflow be the same? Is it even possible?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
August 10, 2020 22:24  

Of course, the optolong data that's where you use the "extract Ha" and "extract OIII" features. That creates mono data, Ha and OIII. You can then combine that with other mono data, if that's another set of Ha and OIII data then you just add that to the same set.

ReplyQuote
(@dalemschultz)
White Dwarf Customer
August 29, 2020 23:47  

In assembling a 6-panel Mosaic, I'm hoping to be able to combine my NB (Ha & OIII) data from my L-eNhance filter with my RGB data taken with my OSC camera.  I have integrated all of the RGB panels and created an RGB mosaic, then split the channels into Red, Green & Blue files and saved.  I'm stuck at the NB filter files.  In step 6., (Click on Load (tab 2) and enter your lights, etc. for your L-eNhance frames and appropriate calibration frames.), do the NB files need to be the raw uncalibrated, unregistered files?  Or can they be calibrated and integrated into panels before extracting the Ha & OIII?

Thank you,

Dale

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
September 3, 2020 11:49  

So what you want is to have the R, G, B data and NB data together and at least registered and normalized together. You can do the calibration on the RGB and NB data first and then it's not needed anymore when processing those frames together.

ReplyQuote
(@bobw55)
White Dwarf Customer
September 19, 2020 19:29  
Posted by: @ahbok

14. When registration is complete, click on Normalize (tab 5), click on Normalize lights. When complete, click on Save Normalized Frames.

I keep getting an error when I get to this point.

JavaError

ReplyQuote
(@infoarnaldolopez-nl)
Brown Dwarf Customer
September 22, 2020 10:36  

I would love to have a (new) tutorial of this... Because I understand that the first 'tutorial' has too many steps? Clearing and restarting isn't always necesary I believe? And what do I choose when combining all the files? There are many choises... RGBH00 ? And what does this have for effect? I'm new to working with APP, so maybe it's clear to other users but not yet completely to me 😉

Thanks, Arnaldo

ReplyQuote
(@mavdg)
Molecular Cloud Customer
September 22, 2020 12:20  

Good morning,

I have been extracting Ha and O3 and re-combining this with RGB channels. My question is how to work with the “new formula” button and the pull down menu next to it.  

cheers,

Mark

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Neutron Star Customer
September 22, 2020 12:42  

Hoi Mark,

Select a new formula from the drop down and then click the button to apply it. You can see that it has been selected by the changes in the sliders for the individual channels.

HTH, Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@mavdg)
Molecular Cloud Customer
September 22, 2020 23:10  

aha, so it are basically presets for the sliders and not a different algorithm in how the different channels are combined?

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: