Share:

20th March 2020 - APP 1.078 has been released !

2019 November: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse, Astronomer in Charge of iTelescope.net

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

Astro Pixel API  

RSS

(@astronutter)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
November 23, 2019 04:01  

Hi,

I am totally new to this software, so please forgive me if I am asking a question that has already been answered.

I would like to create a fully automated end to end image processing workflow. My preference is not to have to run up the Astro Pixel console, but rather, call the Astro Pixel functions via an API or create a script that can be executed from a command line. Is this possible?

The scenario would be darks, flats, bias and light frames all captured through an external application.  These would be download into one or more directories and a daemon script would initialise and configure the Astro Pixel Processor engine via API's or scripting language and then kick off the workflow engine to create the final image.

I would appreciate any information you can provide.

Regards

Lars

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
November 23, 2019 16:36  

Thanks for the question, it has been raised yes and this was the reply from Mabula;

As you probably know, our company is now an official partner of iTelescope.net. As part of our cooperation, we are working towards the ability of APP to fully automatically calibrate and process up until integration of data captured by any capture software package.

Thus APP will capture the captured data and will start processing it. There really is no need for scripting here. That only complicates matters I think. It will be enough for you to load the proper calibration data into APP, then start imaging and let the capture software save the lights in a folder that APP would monitor.;-) This is the way we are planning this and the upside is that it will work with any capture package without the need for scripting. On the other hand, if we see clear reason for scripting for some reason, we will not hesitate to make that possible.

APP will even then create the integration for you once capture is completed. So APP in the future will do live stacking/integration of your data from calibration to integration... off course, we are not there yet, it will take time to get there.

ReplyQuote
(@astronutter)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
November 23, 2019 23:26  

Thank Vincent you for your prompt response.

The proposed solution will work very nicely with what I had in mind.  Are you aware how far off this is?  Given the iTelescope partnership, my assumption is that this is actively being worked on?

Kind Regards

Lars

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
November 25, 2019 12:48  

I'm personally not involved in the actual development so not really sure how far this is. As it is needed for iTelescope, I think it should be here sooner than later. Not much help, but expect it soon-ish.

This post was modified 4 months ago by Vincent Groenewold - Moderator

ReplyQuote
Share: