Error out with APP ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

[Solved] Error out with APP v 2.0 beta 6 on 2018 MacBook using Monterey OS

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@paul-from-northern-mi)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Today I attempted to Mosaic 2 images together by loading all of the 200 images and the master calibration frames.

This processed up to 6) Integrate where the following error message popped up.

This is where it errored out.

I was not able to find a way to increase RAM in the CFG.

Any way past this?

Screen Shot 2022 11 05 at 2.58.18 PM
Screen Shot 2022 11 05 at 2.58.54 PM

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Paul @paul-from-northern-mi,

Thank you very much for reporting this. With which version is this happening? One of the new beta's I think? If so, yes, we need to remove the message that you can still adjust RAM, since in the 2.0 beta's you can no longer or need to adjust this.

A mosaic of only 2 panels should not have a problem processing with 14GB of RAM for APP, so something is off and it might be caused by the way you are processing. Best would be to process the 2 mosaic panels separately first using normal registration, giving you 2 mosaic panels.

Then simply load the 2 mosaic panels as lights and register them as a mosaic. This workflow is much !!! faster and more robust.

Please let us know if this helps 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@paul-from-northern-mi)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Mabula,

Yes, the error shows up in version 2 beta 6.

I have found that processing each individual frame and then combining as a mosaic does work well.

I was looking for an alternative however as I have observed some degradation of detail on a large mosaic project that I have been working on (20 plus tiles).

ReplyQuote
(@paul-from-northern-mi)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

When I tried an individually processed 2 panel Mosaic I had no issue.

Yesterday I tried a 23 panel Mosaic, which processed but gave me a very strange result.

Screen Shot 2022 11 08 at 6.06.45 AM

Only 1 fully rectangular image resulted, and it was rainbow hued.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Dear Paul @paul-from-northern-mi,

That is caused by OpenGL. Disabling OpenGL with the top left OpenGL button solves that. It is caused by a bad graphical driver on your computer, which probably does not report correctly the maximum openGL texture size. Is your mac up-to-date?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @paul-from-northern-mi

Mabula,

Yes, the error shows up in version 2 beta 6.

I have found that processing each individual frame and then combining as a mosaic does work well.

I was looking for an alternative however as I have observed some degradation of detail on a large mosaic project that I have been working on (20 plus tiles).

Okay excellent @paul-from-northern-mi, thank you for your feedback.

ReplyQuote
(@paul-from-northern-mi)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin

Thank you Mabula.

I have always been using the defaults.  This did work well with just 2 frames in the mosaic.

I will certainly change settings and retry.

ReplyQuote
Share: