Adding "Mark as bad...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Adding "Mark as bad"

10 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@schurig)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula,

Is it possible to add an option "mark as bad" in the file context menu. Often when analysing the frames a couple of them turn out to be totally unusable (e.g. wrong focus, clouds etc.). I want to rename them on the file system, e.g. adding "-bad" to the filename.

Cheers, Stephan

ReplyQuote
(@gregwrca)
Black Hole

Right click, sort on quality and delete the lowest quality if they're real bad, then right click sort on star shape delete ridiculous ones and go from there? If you just want to remove them instead of delete them cuz you might use them for something then right click and select remove from list instead of delete

ReplyQuote
(@schurig)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Yes, let's assume the last one... I want to keep them for some reason, just removing them from the list... then in the next run I have to do the whole thing of sorting and removing again. And I'm not very keen on renaming or moving in another folder manually file by file ... 🙁

ReplyQuote
(@gregwrca)
Black Hole

Well then I think you're going to have to look at them right down the last three numbers of the file name go in and move them to a folder and leave them there. That's not too much work, trust me I've dealt with 1089 Subs of one target.

ReplyQuote
(@schurig)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

GW,  you mentioned the "star shape" ... can I display this value also as a column in the file list?!

ReplyQuote
(@gregwrca)
Black Hole

Yes it is there after you analyze Stars. The numbers don't mean so much to me as seeing that image

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: schurig

Hi Mabula,

Is it possible to add an option "mark as bad" in the file context menu. Often when analysing the frames a couple of them turn out to be totally unusable (e.g. wrong focus, clouds etc.). I want to rename them on the file system, e.g. adding "-bad" to the filename.

Cheers, Stephan

@schurig,

Yes, I think that should be possible. A right click menu option to rename the selected files right? 

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: schurig

GW,  you mentioned the "star shape" ... can I display this value also as a column in the file list?!

@schurig,

Star shape is the combination of the information on star Full-Width Half Maximum values.

Shape means size and roundness. Maybe I can/should add the specific value in the FWHM column as well.

Size is determined by the absolute FWHM values in pixels. Roundness is determined by the difference between min and max FWHM, if min and max are equal, you have perfectly round stars.

ReplyQuote
(@schurig)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula,

Implementing this as separate column would be great. I often have the problem that sharpness quality of the image is good, but the frames show oval stars due to bad guiding.

Yes, select multiple frames via Ctrl + mouseclick, then right mouseclick, then select option from context menu "mark as bad", should rename the files on the file system, update the names/refrences in the file list, disabled the check box of those frames in the file list.

By the way the behaviour of Ctrl-mouseclick is the same as Shift+mouseclick... normally you can select distinct items via Ctrl+mouseclick and select a range with Shift+mouseclick. Is it possible to implement this behaviour in APP?

Thank you very much for your work.

Stephan

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Stephan @schurig,

I have written all of this on my TODO list, so I will it implemented in one of the future APP versions.

Indeed, I need to check the CTRL versus SHIFT key behaviour in selection. Also on my list.

Cheers,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: