What is "working di...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

What is "working directory"?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@thomehm)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I have just downloaded and installed APP, so I am new.  So, I have a directory ngc6888 with frames from a couple of nights ago.  In this Dir, I have a directory for light, and a directory for flats.  In the light directory, I have directories lum, HAlpha, OIII, and SII.  The first thing I need to do is to set the "working" directory.  Is the working directory ngc6888?  Or am I going to run the program with working directory set to lum, then running everything again with directory set to HAlpha, repeat process with the working directory set in turn to OIII, then SII?  And then combine the results in a separate step?  Or do all types of raw images put into the single working directory and are then tagged somehow?  Or if having subdirectories Lum, HAlpha, OIII, SII is correct, how does APP know what is in what directory?  How does it know where the flats are and what flats go with what filter?  Is there a suggested directory structure?  Is there a document that says how to structure the subdirectories and how to configure APP to understand the structure?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

The working directory is the place where APP does its processing and can save the end result (and other things like your calibration masters it creates). We are going to change that so you can setup a processing directory just for app which will be remembered and a directory you point to to save any results. This will be in a future version though (likely 1.085). I usually set the working directory to the main folder where my data is, with the lights etc. in subfolders. You can load the lights etc. in APP which will then open in that working directory.

ReplyQuote
Share: