"WARNING" - unable ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

"WARNING" - unable to calibrate or register due to warning message. Help please?

10 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@richielisa)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi,

im trying to process a number of frames (lights,darks, bias and flats) and cant progress past star analysis - cant figure out the problem but Im using my Nikon D3300 and have pretty clear pics as well. Cant understand why there is a problem?

It looks my exposures have fluctuated for some reason but Im not sure why (unless my PC threw a wobbly when using Digi Cam Control. If so, is there any way around this? Cheers.

This topic was modified 5 years ago by Richard Blackshaw

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

You can ignore the warnings, they are just warnings and as you can see the values are identical or nearly so (internally maybe slightly different), that won't be the issue. I am wondering if the exposure is the issue here, 10 seconds is really short, can you show one of the frames? Also check the log when star registration is attempted, might be some clear answer in that.

ReplyQuote
(@richielisa)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

Hi Vincent,

the short exposure is usually no problem and I stack a few hundred to get a relatively good pic. Ive just used the same darks/flats/biased on some other lights I took in the same session on a different target and Im just at integration stage at the moment - the thing is that these lights arent as good as the ones that are not registering in the previous example :-/

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

The data will tell me much more I think, if you want you can upload a few frames to our server (like 10 or so) using appuser as login and password. Create a folder with your name and upload it in there. I'll then have a quick look to see what might be the issue, also add a masterdark, masterbias and masterflat. Thanks!

I'm wondering if there may be more noise in the ones not registering for instance, something like that.

ReplyQuote
(@richielisa)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi Vincent, Ive uploaded a file to the server. Ive also run the process again but in Registration I opted for "no registration" in the Registration Mode and its all over the place so Ive also uploaded a saved copy of the FIT file and a Jpeg that I was able to get to integration stage. It may be the exposure length as I normally use ISO 1600 due to the short exposures (I use an alt/az mount) and I was experimenting using a lower ISO to reduce noise. Hopefully you can identify the problem. Thanks.

This post was modified 5 years ago by Richard Blackshaw

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I'll have a look today, I also think given your mention of lower ISO, that the amount of signal is the issue. It's best to keep the camera at the most optimal ISO/noise (which you can find online) setting and only play around with sub-exposure time.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

So looking at just one of the subs, I don't think I even see 100 stars, this might limit the possibilities of correctly aligning them. However, when I tried the 10 you provided it worked just fine, I did switch off the auto-star count limiter and I didn't use any calibration file as you provided 1 of each which weren't masters I think. Without it at least worked, maybe you can try that as well.

Screenshot 2019 08 23 at 13.59.00

ReplyQuote
(@richielisa)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Thanks Vincent. I try just loading Lights and then miss out the calibration and auto start count and see what happens. I think Im better sticking at 1600 ISO as Ive had some good results albeit with some noise, especially as Im in a light polluted area. I will let you know how it goes in case you come across this again - next stop, an equatorial mount! Cheers.

ReplyQuote
(@richielisa)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi Vincent. It would only work with a few frames so I think its the exposure. I will go back to ISO 1600. Thanks for the help mate.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

No problem, that's why I'm here. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: