Version2 Beta1 Imag...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Version2 Beta1 Image Display Open4GL v CPU

11 Posts
5 Users
1 Likes
(@mestutters)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi,

With V2B1 release I seem to have a problem displaying images when switched to Open 4GL, see screen grab.  The image is cropped, does not fill the available window space, and when I try to draw area select boxes, the box APP displays on the screen does not correlate with the mouse positions used when drawing. I have used the Open 4GL display option without problem on previous releases.

Screenshot 2022 05 13 08.28.00

If I switch to CPU display the image displays as I would expect and area box display works correctly.

Screenshot 2022 05 13 08.28.32

I am using a Lenovo X1 Carbon 6 laptop (i7 8550U procesor) running Windows 11.  The system has Intel Iris graphics.

Cosmetically I am very used to having the working image in centre screen.  In my opinion it would be nice if this arrangement could be retained but as things stand the image window disappears each time a display adjustment is attempted.  Maybe an 'always on top' option could be provided for this window?

On the other hand, I find the fonts etc used in new release mean thhe side bars are much slimmer thus providing a greater area for image display.  A big improvement in my opinion.

Screenshot 2022 05 13 09.06.17

Regards

Mike

This topic was modified 2 years ago 2 times by mestutters

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Mike @mestutters,

Thank you for reporting the OpenGL issue with this new 2.0.0-beta1.

Can you check the following for me:

• the exact graphical hardware
  • the exact graphical driver that is installed on windows 11

I suspect that you might be using microsoft drivers instead of the proper manufacture graphical drivers, can this be the case? We now that the microsoft drivers are (very) poor for these intel on-board graphical chips... giving exactly issues like this.

I will check if we can add a selectbox to have the image viewer always on top 😉

Thank you very much for your feedback Mike

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@karolbe)
White Dwarf

Hi,

I have the same problem on my Linux (OpenSuse Tumbleweed) with KDE. I am using Radeon graphics driver. CPU viewer works fine (although much slower).

Karol

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Karol,

Which version did you install? the HiDPI installer or the regular one?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mestutters)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@Mabula,

Lenovo X1 C6 lap-top is equipped with Intel UHD 620 GPU. 

It is currently installed with:  Intel HD Graphics Driver (Windows 10 Version 1709 or later) -10 [64] - 27.20.100.8476.

Looking at Lenovo web-site there is a slightly later driver available: 27.20.100.9749.  I will try upgrading to this later today to see if it makes a difference.

Regards

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Dear Mike,

Please check for a Windows 11 compatible driver, you are running windows 11 right?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @mestutters

@Mabula,

Lenovo X1 C6 lap-top is equipped with Intel UHD 620 GPU. 

It is currently installed with:  Intel HD Graphics Driver (Windows 10 Version 1709 or later) -10 [64] - 27.20.100.8476.

Looking at Lenovo web-site there is a slightly later driver available: 27.20.100.9749.  I will try upgrading to this later today to see if it makes a difference.

Regards

Mike

Dear Mike,

Oh, i think I already know what the issue is. Can you check the windows configuration -> System -> Monitor/Screen -> scaling of text and apps? I think our new developmemt platform is not yet detecting the Scale ratio here...

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mestutters)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi,

I'm running screen at 2560 x 1440 resolution.  Scaling is 175%.

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Mike @mestutters & @karolbe,

Thanks !

I have solved it for Windows, Linux and macOS ;-). It had to do with desktop scaling and I have now implemented a robust fix which will also work in multiple monitor setups with possible different desktop scalings and it works on all operating systems.

Will soon release 2.0.0-beta2 with the fix !

Mabula

Karol Bryd reacted
ReplyQuote
(@imnewhere)
Neutron Star

I was about to report this, but I see other people already have.

ReplyQuote
(@whixson)
Black Hole

@mabula-admin Thanks! This was driving me crazy last night!

ReplyQuote
Share: