Two scopes Two Fiel...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Two scopes Two Fields of View

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@andynowlen)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi,

When I stack from two scopes with different fields of view what settings do I use to avoid the issue showing in the attached image? It is just the stack no further processing. I am in 1.083 beta 2. 

Screen Shot 2021 07 08 at 1.38.40 PM

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@andynowlen Hi Andy. The background levels between the two are very different which causes the black square at the center. I would process the two images individually and apply light pollution removal, particularly on the larger image. Then load both images again as lights but without calibration frames and integrate them. You may need to enable MBB and you may possibly need to play a bit with the percentage. The higher the percentage, the smoother the blend will be. But light pollution removal on the larger image seems necessary to me.

ReplyQuote
(@andynowlen)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Excellent!  Will do.

ReplyQuote
(@andynowlen)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

I created the 2 masters successfully and did the lpc-cgb operation successfully. However, now I cannot successfully register the 2 images.  I increased star count to 3000 but that did not help and have changed each of the registration settings one by one.  

The message says - APP couldn't register any frame...

Thanks for your help.

ReplyQuote
(@andynowlen)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

The narrow field of view image is the same pixel size as the larger field of view image.  However, APP only counts very few stars in the narrow field image.  Something like 14 only.  Therefore APP cannot register the two images.  

Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Maybe go back to when it did work and then only up the MBB and LNC settings?

ReplyQuote
Share: