RGB Stars into SHO ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

RGB Stars into SHO image

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@dv_stranger)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hello,

I'm sure it's already been asked here, but I had no success with the search function.

I have an extensive SHO image of the Rosette Nebula, and I also have a simple RGB image of the Rosette Nebula. I actually only did the latter to capture the star colors, which I then want to add to the SHO shot. Is there a workflow in APP how I can implement this? I would like to transfer only the star colors into the SHO image.

Thanks in advance for any help.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Hi David, that's a very nice little video! Great result. 🙂

It is possible in APP yes. Mabula will post a better explanation later, but here's the short workflow;

- Use both an RGB and narrowband-RGB integration

- Register these to each other and save the registered integrations

- Reduce stars in the narrowband integration with the star reducer (not absolutely required, it just helps if it works well)

- Save that result

- Load RGB and narrowband in the RGB composite tool (you'll get 6 layers)

- Use the multipliers to get the narrowband data looking nice again

- Use the multipliers of the RGB data to get the star colors better

Again, Mabula will show a better explanation later

ReplyQuote
(@dv_stranger)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi!

Now I have found some time to deal with it. I have stacked all data and combined them as RGBSHO. I think this is a good way. But how can I saturate the star colors more, without affecting the nebula? And how can I reduce those colored edges of the stars, especially in the center of the nebula?

Rosettennebel RGBSHO lpc cbg St Kopie

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

The colored edges might be from a slight misalignment between the channels. You could correct for that by first loading the lights and calibration data into app, going to calibrate and the all the way down select "align channels". Then save the frames and reload those for further processing. Regarding boosting the stars only, you could try with the HSL tool and checking for the "color selection" and then adjusting the range and also slider LOW (all the while clicking on showing the color selection to see what the effect is) and then going for the channels and upping saturation. It's not a big effect though and APP doesn't have a mask feature (yet).

ReplyQuote
(@stargazer63)
Brown Dwarf

Posted by: @vincent-mod

Hi David, that's a very nice little video! Great result. 🙂

It is possible in APP yes. Mabula will post a better explanation later, but here's the short workflow;

- Use both an RGB and narrowband-RGB integration

- Register these to each other and save the registered integrations

- Reduce stars in the narrowband integration with the star reducer (not absolutely required, it just helps if it works well)

- Save that result

- Load RGB and narrowband in the RGB composite tool (you'll get 6 layers)

- Use the multipliers to get the narrowband data looking nice again

- Use the multipliers of the RGB data to get the star colors better

Again, Mabula will show a better explanation later

1. @vincent-mod 
     Hello, Do you integrate a separate SHO and RGB Integration?
    Also after that how do you register the SHO and RGB Integrations? Which will later be the 6 layers that you correct star color in the Combine tool.

Hope this makes sense! I have not been able to complete what is stated above.

Thank you for any input.

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yes, both separate at first. You can load these integrations (which will both have RGB data now) in the RGB Combine tool. A RGB file will be split up in R, G and B channels in that tool.

ReplyQuote
(@stargazer63)
Brown Dwarf

Thank you Vincent, I will give it a try and let you know.

Jim

ReplyQuote
Share: