2022-05-29: APP 2.0.0-beta2 has been released !
Download links per platform:
RGB Stars into SHO image
I'm sure it's already been asked here, but I had no success with the search function.
I have an extensive SHO image of the Rosette Nebula, and I also have a simple RGB image of the Rosette Nebula. I actually only did the latter to capture the star colors, which I then want to add to the SHO shot. Is there a workflow in APP how I can implement this? I would like to transfer only the star colors into the SHO image.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Hi David, that's a very nice little video! Great result. 🙂
It is possible in APP yes. Mabula will post a better explanation later, but here's the short workflow;
- Use both an RGB and narrowband-RGB integration
- Register these to each other and save the registered integrations
- Reduce stars in the narrowband integration with the star reducer (not absolutely required, it just helps if it works well)
- Save that result
- Load RGB and narrowband in the RGB composite tool (you'll get 6 layers)
- Use the multipliers to get the narrowband data looking nice again
- Use the multipliers of the RGB data to get the star colors better
Again, Mabula will show a better explanation later