How to stop APP str...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

How to stop APP stripping FITS headers?

5 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@stuartt)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

When trying to get Pixinsight to do a photometric color calibration on an image I had stacked with APP, I noticed that the "acquire from image" option does not work. This is because APP strips the FITS header info (in this case RA and Dec) which was originally in the light frames.

Is there an option to prevent APP doing this?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

The integrated result will have less data indeed, this is because some of it changes per frame, however Mabula will add more information to the result specifically to solve things like this indeed.

ReplyQuote
(@stuartt)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  
Posted by: @vincent-mod

The integrated result will have less data indeed, this is because some of it changes per frame, however Mabula will add more information to the result specifically to solve things like this indeed.

Thanks for replying. 

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're saying though. I'm not sure what 'Mabula' means here. Are you referring to a future release of the software which will not strip out FITS header data? 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Mabula is the name of the developer. 🙂 So,yes in a future release things like this will be addressed.

ReplyQuote
(@stuartt)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  
Posted by: @vincent-mod

Mabula is the name of the developer. 🙂 So,yes in a future release things like this will be addressed.

Ah! Ok. 🤣 

Thank you

ReplyQuote
Share: