Program Hang When L...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Program Hang When Loading Lights

9 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@jeffmorgan)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

When loading lights from last nights session I was treated to a new and unpleasant application behavior this morning. A "Gathering Frame Details" window pops up - and stays up, frozen at 3% progress. I may have seen this window before, but it appears and disappears so fast it is virtually subliminal.

The console shows the app running at 13%. The Lights do not load. I am unable to load my flats (or anything else).

In this state I can switch to other tabs and activate various pop-up menus. But all of the buttons to execute a tab (Create Masters, Analyze Stars, etc.) are not active or selectable. (Which makes sense since no flats, darks, or anything else is loaded.)

I am using version 1.083.2 on a 24" M1 iMac, OS Monterey 12.2.1.

ReplyQuote
(@jeffmorgan)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I think the answer just popped up on the screen:

APP Window

ReplyQuote
(@jeffmorgan)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

And to complete the story - excluding that file, the other 24 lights loaded successfully and things are running normally.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Great, how long did it take for that warning to pop up?

ReplyQuote
(@jeffmorgan)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod 

I did not put a watch to it. Long enough for me to click around to the other tabs, do a screen shot, then write that first short post.

Five to eight minutes?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

No problem, that I think is too long for a check like that, I'll inform Mabula. Thanks for sharing!

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Would you mind uploading the corrupt file to us? Curious to see if it happens here as well or if it may be an issue on your system.

ReplyQuote
(@jeffmorgan)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I would if I still had it. I reformatted my acquisition thumb drive for the next nights imaging and emptied the trash on my computer. Given the amount of writing I am doing, not sure it could be recovered.

Since I started imaging last August, this is the first time I have seen this.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ah well, no problem. 🙂 If you ever get it again, we'd love to have it, just to see if APP is choking on something there.

ReplyQuote
Share: