Processing six pane...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Processing six pane mosaic

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@rixon)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I know I need to have six separate integration files before building my mosaic, but is it possible to load and process (calibrate, analyze, register, normalize and integrate) all six panes (each with multiple subs) all at once?  Or do I have to process each pane separately?

If I can do this all at once, do I use the multi-session option even though it was all in one session? Otherwise, how is it done? 

If not, that would be a great feature to have. 

Thanks!

This topic was modified 2 years ago by rixon

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

There is no requirement to have 6 separate panels, that totally depends on your mosaic. A mosaic basically is a composition where some panels have no overlap at all with another (of course they do need overlap with adjacent panels). This can already be the case with 3 panels for instance.

My advice for mosaics is to process each individual panel, with all lights and calibration files belonging to that panel, first. Then at the end I load in the integrations again as lights and set APP up for a mosiac. Multiple sessions is something that is only needed when you have different calibration data for a different set of lights and you want to process those all at one. For a mosaic though, I tend to work on each panel at a time.

ReplyQuote
(@ldipenti)
White Dwarf

Hello Mabula,

I think what rixon was trying to ask is if there's a way to automate everything by loading all panels as a first step and then let APP do its thing without intervention.

I was about to try this with a 2x2 M45 mosaic by using the Filter feature for every panel, but now that I read your answer I guess that would not be a good idea.

I think a feature like that would be useful for cases when the processing time is long enough that you can leave the computer working all night unattended while you do more productive things instead of monitoring it.

Best regards,

Lucas.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

rixon, Lucas,

What Vincent wrote is, yes, it is possible to load all lights and calibration data in one session, set the configuration options for a mosaic in APP, go to tab 6 and hit the integrate button. BUT it is advisable not to do that because it will require a LOT of time to do so. The reason is that APP will need to register each light with the other lights in the panel and that is much more complex for a mosaic then for a single panel. It therefore probably is advisable to process the individual panels first and then create the mosaic.

A 2x2 panel mosaic is possible as well but the same long time may apply as well.

In both cases, just give it a try and let us know how it went 😀 

Wouter

ReplyQuote
Share: