Java Error Message ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Java Error Message During Integration

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@jonesdee)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula

While performing a multi-channel integration using Star Shape for weighting and 1st degree LNC, I receive the following error message:

APP Error

If I select 'No LNC', the channels integrate as expected.

UPDATE:

Although deselecting LNC allows the integration process to continue, the resultant files contain no data (black screen).

UPDATE 2:

The problem seems to occur when Normalisation fails on some lights.  No error message appears, but 'Norm Failed' is appended to the frame field.  I have tried to integrate without running normalisation, but I still get Normal Failed appended to the lights.  I have no idea why Normalisation is failing - I have never had this issue before.

I have updated to the latest version of Java but the problem persists.

UPDATE 3:

I found an earlier forum post regarding Normalisation failure being related to darks.  I integrated my failing lights with no calibration frames and the normalisation failure did not occur BUT the integrated stack could not be used in the Combine RGB tool because the integrated file colour space is now 32 bit gray instead of 16 bit gray (i.e. file sizes are different).

FINAL UPDATE:

The problem only occurs when Ha data is included in Multi-Channel Processing. To illustrate the issue I loaded 3 Ha Lights, a bunch of Darks and a BPM.  Calibration, Star Analysis and Registration work fine but Normalisation fails as shown below:

Ha Norm Fail

Thanks and regards

Dave

This topic was modified 6 years ago 5 times by Jonesdee

ReplyQuote
Share: