Integrated image fr...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Integrated image from multi date session is rotated, same files settings in isolated App instance and fine?

9 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@markm75)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Im getting this odd rotation when i do an integration in a session mixed with other sessions (multiple dates and master flats etc):

Capture22222

I click on the integrated file for that date and this is the result.

If i do the same two lights, same master dark, same master flat and same master dark flat in another App window/single session, the integration looks fine (same settings).

I cant figure out why it would do this, everything looks the same except that the one where its rotated its part of a few other sessions (dates), integrate all and integrate per session set etc.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

ReplyQuote
(@markm75)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

So i started another session from scratch (multi session one).  I added 2 files for 2-22-20 named session, integrated, no issue with the 2-22-20 alone integration (unlike above).

Then added 2-21-20 as a session and 2 light files.
The 2-22 integration was still normal.

Then i added 2-20-20 as a session and 2 light files.  

The 2-22-20 integration was rotated.

I dont understand why, but somehow its related to adding that 3rd session, even though i'm checking the 2-22-20 session integration alone to see if it rotates.

I took out the sessions, made it single session, reran integration and its still broken 

This post was modified 4 years ago by markm75

ReplyQuote
(@markm75)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Seems like if i have multi sessions, and if going from one session to another there is rotation, even the single session integration gets rotated. I dont understand why though. I can see that the final combo integration would be but not sure why the individuals end up that way..

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @markm75

Im getting this odd rotation when i do an integration in a session mixed with other sessions (multiple dates and master flats etc):

Capture22222

If i do the same two lights, same master dark, same master flat and same master dark flat in another App window/single session, the integration looks fine (same settings).

I cant figure out why it would do this, everything looks the same except that the one where its rotated its part of a few other sessions (dates), integrate all and integrate per session set etc.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Dear @markm75,

Everything is working fine here, the rotation that you see and the complete Field Of View that you get are the result of

• registering/aligning all frames to the reference frame af all the data that you loaded. That reference frame could be from another session and/or fitler off course.
  • In 4) Register, below the start registration button, there is projection rotate slider which can be used to control the rotation of the result. Maybe this was set at a non-zero degree value? (Do try this in APP 1.076 which was released today 😉 )
  • Finally, the composition mode in 6)Integrate is set to Full by default. That will create a Field Of View that includes all pixels of all data that you loaded after being registered.

Please let me know if this is clear or if you have any additional questions,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@markm75)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  
Posted by: @mabula-admin

Capture22222

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Dear @markm75,

Everything is working fine here, the rotation that you see and the complete Field Of View that you get are the result of

• registering/aligning all frames to the reference frame af all the data that you loaded. That reference frame could be from another session and/or fitler off course.
  • In 4) Register, below the start registration button, there is projection rotate slider which can be used to control the rotation of the result. Maybe this was set at a non-zero degree value? (Do try this in APP 1.076 which was released today 😉 )
  • Finally, the composition mode in 6)Integrate is set to Full by default. That will create a Field Of View that includes all pixels of all data that you loaded after being registered.

Please let me know if this is clear or if you have any additional questions,

Mabula

Thanks for the info..

What about the fact if i have a single session, the resultant integration is normal, horizontal, but after i add in at least 2 other sessions, suddenly that integration becomes skewed.. are you saying that its individual registration got mixed up somehow with the other sessions, for the reference frame somehow?  Does it not set a reference automatically from within the same session?

I would think each individual integration would remain the same no matter if 1 session or 15, but somehow its not here.

I mean when it breaks, i pull out every session/lights except the broken set and go to tab 6 and do the integration again and it remains broke for some reason.  This puzzles me.

In the case of the rotation slider, it was at default/unchanged.

edit: i guess either way, i have two dates where the galaxy was turned when i moved optics, so i either need to not include those dates in the overall integration, or live with a final integration that has to be cropped around the "twisted mosaic" look that results.

This post was modified 4 years ago 2 times by markm75

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @markm75,

What about the fact if i have a single session, the resultant integration is normal, horizontal, but after i add in at least 2 other sessions, suddenly that integration becomes skewed.. are you saying that its individual registration got mixed up somehow with the other sessions, for the reference frame somehow? Does it not set a reference automatically from within the same session?

Nothing is skewed, really. It is simply rotated relative to the reference frame of which there can only be one.

If you would use a different reference frame for each session, than the resulting integrations/stacks will NOT be compatible in terms of alignment and illumination correction (normalization), which is exactly the point of multi-session processing: to make all data of all sessions compatible in terms of alignment and illumination 😉

I would think each individual integration would remain the same no matter if 1 session or 15, but somehow its not here. I mean when it breaks, i pull out every session/lights except the broken set and go to tab 6 and do the integration again and it remains broke for some reason. This puzzles me.

Okay I understand. Your assumptions are not correct I am afraid, it all has to do with making all data that you load for multi-session (or -channel/filter) as compatible as possible. And like I said, having multiple reference frames does not make sense. Because then the resulting stacks will not be compatible in terms of alignment and illumination.

Let me know if this makes sense or not 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

edit: i guess either way, i have two dates where the galaxy was turned when i moved optics, so i either need to not include those dates in the overall integration, or live with a final integration that has to be cropped around the "twisted mosaic" look that results.

Hi @markm75,

Indeed, there is your cause for the rotation. What you can do is play with the composition mode in 6) Integrate. Set it at reference for instance, You will see that you will lose data but you will get a normal rectangular field of view of the chosen reference frame 😉

Or... use the Batch Modify tool in 9) to crop the resulting stacks in batch mode.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@markm75)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  
Posted by: @mabula-admin

Hi @markm75,

Indeed, there is your cause for the rotation. What you can do is play with the composition mode in 6) Integrate. Set it at reference for instance, You will see that you will lose data but you will get a normal rectangular field of view of the chosen reference frame 😉

Or... use the Batch Modify tool in 9) to crop the resulting stacks in batch mode.

Mabula

Ill try the reference option and compare.  Thanks for these tips.. Yeah i just need to be more careful and make sure things are aligned in the future.  The crop didnt turn out bad though 🙂

All makes sense now.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Excellent @markm75 😉

thank you for your feedback and you are most welcome !

ReplyQuote
Share: