I would be grateful...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

31 July 2020 - Comet Registration video tutorial using APP 1.083-beta1 released.

30 July 2020 - APP 1.083-beta1 has been released introducing Comet processing! This 1st beta has comet registration. The stable release will also include special comet integration modes.

9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

I would be grateful for any help - complete newbie  

RSS

(@ca)
Brown Dwarf Customer
September 16, 2019 12:25  

Screen Shot 2019 09 16 at 5.33.22 pm

Hi, I have just started my Astrophotography journey. I have done a couple of nights imaging and now I am working on the processing after purchasing APP.  I have successfully processed public data on APP before but am having issues with meh own FITS images. When I go to analyse stars I keep getting the message in my attached screenshot. I have tried taking more flats different gain etc but I can't seem to work our the channel error. I weans even aware I was using differing channels for the light and flats. I am using sharp cap for capturing on Windows bootcamp.

I will be very grateful for any help.

Thanks,

Anthony

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@itarchitectkev)
Red Giant Customer
September 16, 2019 20:43  

It appears your lights are colour/CFA (3 channels = RGB), and your flats are mono?

ReplyQuote
(@ca)
Brown Dwarf Customer
September 16, 2019 23:14  

@itarchitectkev

Thank you so much for your feedback yes this was the issue and in hindsight seems like a very rookie error. Appreciate your help 🙏

ReplyQuote
(@ca)
Brown Dwarf Customer
September 17, 2019 11:54  

OK so I took some flat frames in 3 channel and did the first project and it went fine. I then went to process some more images from the same session, using the same flats but I had the same issue as my OP. Thanks for your help.

ReplyQuote
(@itarchitectkev)
Red Giant Customer
September 17, 2019 12:28  

Check Tab 0: RAW/FITS you have "Force CFA" always turned on when processing colour cams.

Somewhere along the lines it appears you're trying to process mono as colour, or colour as mono.

Share: