APP and Ha processi...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

APP and Ha processing  

RSS

(@b777capt)
White Dwarf Customer
September 15, 2019 15:28  

I have a quick question concerning the processing of a Ha image. The moon has been full for the last few nights so I decided to give "Ha only" a shot...ASI 1600mm pro, 75 gain, 12 offset, 30 180" subs. Here's my question. The image is Ha only..no LRGB data. Do I process this image the same as a OSC image? I have the required darks, flats and bias frames.

Thanks,

Lynn

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin
September 15, 2019 15:44  

Lynn,

I have an ASI1600MM as well and regularly process Ha images with APP. I’d advise you to make sure that multi-channel processing is enabled in tab 1 and then to either use the filter keyword in the fits images (assuming you shot all of them with the Ha filter) or to manually assign them to the Hydrogen Alpha channel. From there it would be normal processing.

HTH, Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@b777capt)
White Dwarf Customer
September 15, 2019 19:47  

@wvreeven

Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to know.....

ReplyQuote
Share: