How to add old mast...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

How to add old master integration files to new lights to be integrated

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@7imlooigmail-com)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi I am sure this has been asked but I can’t find any posts that helps. I have taken more subs for the same target but instead of reloading all the light files from previous session and having to reintegrate them with new lights from a new session is it faster to add the older master integrations for each channel to be integrated together with the new lights? If so is there a process for doing this please? PC is heavily under load and crashes with more lights to deal with

This topic was modified 4 years ago by Tim Looi

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

You can make 2 separate integrations, then reload those in as new lights and do the integration of those again.

ReplyQuote
(@b4silio)
Main Sequence Star

To develop a bit more on this: there are 2 main things you want to achieve when deciding how to combine multiple sessions:

- Get the best out of the data in terms of noise and quality
- Ensure outliers (satellites, etc, but also star bloats from bad seeing/focus) are well taken care of

The first point I honestly would not say you have a huge difference in terms of quality when stacking multiple sessions vs single big session, and the gain in time is very significant, especially until we can save sessions to stop-and-continue (ahem, very subtle hint? 😍).

The only real risk is the second: when combining pre-stacked chunks of your images, if you have outliers that have remained on your individual sessions' stacks, you risk not having enough images in the final stacking to get rid of them (e.g. imagine having 2 sessions only each with a leftover streak from a satellite in different places). Whereas if you stack everything together you're much more likely to get rid of outliers completely.

If you have 20-30 images or more on each of your sessions you can probably just add the stacks together, but if you're working with very few long exposures that can be an issue.

Hope this helps!

p.s. if you're stacking the big pre-stacked images you might as well do light pollution removal on each of your session stacks to get rid of big gradients prior to stacking them

ReplyQuote
Share: