I ask for a great h...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

I ask for a great help! For setting with ASI 071 color....

14 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@astrolab68)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi everyone. I'm new!
I have a color ASI071.
I need a lot of help.
Anyone who uses an ASI color camera and has had excellent results, could you please tell me step by step all the best settings to activate or select to get the best result?
I am trying but with the few knowledge I have of the sw and the english language it is really difficult.
In the end then, the image is in black and white. (This is the least of the problems, because I believe that for each processing step I DO NOT understand which is the best setting).
I ask for help and send a big thank you in advance.

Thanks!!!

ReplyQuote
 Davm
(@davm)
Red Giant

Hi I also use the asi 071 mc pro.

Tab 0: pattern RGGB and Force Bayer CFA 

All the other tabs, automatic, then hit integrate. 

When finished, tools, remove light pollution.

Then on the right side, tick saturation

This should give you a reasonable image. 

success

Dave

ReplyQuote
(@astrolab68)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@davm Thanks Dave! I will try as soon as possible! Dario

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Did you succeed @astrolab68 ?

ReplyQuote
(@astrolab68)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod Good morning Vincent, I managed to add the images, keeping the settings unchanged and I had a result which, however (I must be honest) is only the beginning of an image that still needs to be improved. I found a way to eliminate the light and make the sky background as homogeneous as possible, but not with excellent results. I have a few questions: I saw that there are various settings, for the sum of the images (which is the best for my ASI071 RGGB); could you tell me which algorithm is the best, could I do some new tests !? Then, I can't find in all panels "a command" to eliminate the noise. I wish I could improve the image even more, but I can't and I would like to AVOID having to switch to other sw.
Thank you in advance...

Dario

ReplyQuote
(@astrolab68)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod I forgot Vincent; I purchased the annual license (now 1.079), but where are panels 7 and 8? I find from 0 to 6, then 9 (two are missing!).

Dario

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Usually the automatic selections ()as they are in 1.079) will select good algorithms for the amount of data you have. I can have a look at your data if you want and then show you what I did to correct it nicely. A de-noise tool is not available yet in APP, so to reduce that, more data is the best option (which is the best in any case). It is on the to-do list of Mabula though, would be nice to have a very well thought out denoise tool for sure.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @astrolab68

@vincent-mod I forgot Vincent; I purchased the annual license (now 1.079), but where are panels 7 and 8? I find from 0 to 6, then 9 (two are missing!).

Dario

Ah yes. 🙂 This is normal, Mabula is going to do away with 9 and just call it something separate.

ReplyQuote
(@astrolab68)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod I agree ... APP has enormous potential and is easy to understand (if you tell me that he thinks about doing the best), I hope that you will soon be able to achieve this! If you give me an email address, I can send you all the collected data via Wetrasfert PRO and see what you can do. I only have Light (of various days) and Dark (Total Gb 16.8). I didn't do FLAT, because I have a Pentax 75 that goes beyond the sensor size and it was just a test, to see what I can do from home (I used an Optlong L-eNhance narrow band filter) to understand if I can afford the shooting in city light.

Dario

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

We have a server you can upload to. Login/password: appuser
Please make a directory named 'astrolab68-workflowpractice' and upload there. It will be fine to upload just 10-20 lights and 20 darks, it's just to show what I can make it into and show you the steps I took. Flats and such will help you greatly when correcting the background indeed.

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@astrolab68)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-modI am blocked, both by Firefox and Chrome because they "say" that it is a risky site and I cannot go beyond it.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Oh that is weird, Mabula has a certificate. You can click on "advanced" below and continue, it's safe.

ReplyQuote
(@astrolab68)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod Strange, I use the correct user and psw, but it won't log me in.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Both are appuser

(just in case) 😉 Ok, so if that doesn't work we'll do your method. I've notified Mabula to have a look. It does work for me at least.

ReplyQuote
Share: