Folder for File Org...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Folder for File Organization

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@chrisgr99)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I'm just learning APP and I'm wondering how you experts organize your .fits files at various stages of processing into into folders for more easily keeping track of where things are.

I'm using iTelescope so I typically download for example sets of RGBLHa calibrated images. Is it enough to have a folder for the calibrated images and a work folder for everything else, or is it better to have more fine grained folder organization into stages of processing and final tiff or jpg images?

This topic was modified 2 years ago by Christopher Graham

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

That depends on preferences everyone has, but in general I tend to put darks, lights, bias or darkflats etc in their own folder. I also organize my lights per subject and then per date. It's not very specific to APP, but it can help in finding your data later on.

ReplyQuote
Share: