Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Crash on Mosaic

11 Posts
6 Users
1 Likes
(@hoffi1981)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi,

just downloaded the latest version of APP, and hoped it would solve my mosaic problem of a picture of the milky way. But sadly it has not. Any solutions for that Error?

Bildschirmfoto 2020 04 16 um 09.10.08

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

I tried the mosaic mode of APP 1.079 as well. I started with over 200 raw images in an attempt to create a mosaic in one go. However, registering all images takes forever, as is to be expected. So I took the 4 integrated panels that I created with 1.078 and created a mosaic of that which worked wonderfully well.

Wouter

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@antoine)
White Dwarf

I am also having issues with mosaic mode on 1.079. However not at the registration but during the final integration part.

See post : https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/main-forum/mosaic-integration-java-lang-nullpointerexception-on-app-1-079/

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

Yes I just replied to your other post. I got that error also in 1.078 but using the settings that I posted in my comment I do not get the error in 1.077 nor in 1.079. Let's discuss that in your post.

Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@chrispeace)
Red Giant

I had the same and many other error or fail notices and pictures when doing a complex mosaic. And I'm serious. this is someones coding idea of fun when the program glitches. Needless to say I don't find it that funny after hours of work.

WhatsApp Image 2020 04 30 at 14.57.26
WhatsApp Image 2020 04 30 at 16.43.06
WhatsApp Image 2020 04 29 at 17.45.30
WhatsApp Image 2020 04 30 at 16.25.44

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I see that you're on 1.078. Many bugs have been fixed in 1.079, unfortunately that is the nature of software sometimes. It's very unfortunate ofcourse, but we can investigate (that's why we're here) and fix this.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @hoffi1981

Hi,

just downloaded the latest version of APP, and hoped it would solve my mosaic problem of a picture of the milky way. But sadly it has not. Any solutions for that Error?

Bildschirmfoto 2020 04 16 um 09.10.08

Hi Christoph @hoffi1981,

Please study the mosaic tutorial here:

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/mosaic-tutorial-milky-way-to-rho-ophiuchi-by-mabula/

You don't want to load the individual mosaic frames, that is very inefficient and much less robust.

You need to make mosaic panels first and register those as a mosaic 😉

I don't know how the panels are arranged and how much overlap they have, but usually, to be able to register a mosaic successfully, you need to increase the star detection number to 2000-2500 from 500 in 3) Analyse stars.

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@antoine)
White Dwarf

In my case after studying carefully the tutorial, I managed to integrate successfully but only a limited number of panels.

My Integration worked for a max of about 16 panels. Is there is a limit to the total number of panels in mosaic mode?

I have a total of 45 panels in my project (a 50mm lens spanning a large span of the Milky Way). I found it impossible to have them all integrate no matter the settings. I keep getting NEP errors even with 0.1 size integration and a 64GB RAM machine (50GB allocated to APP).

I will try with another data set as I suspect a lot of my panels to have too much redundant data (50%+).

This post was modified 4 years ago by antoine

ReplyQuote
(@chrispeace)
Red Giant

@vincent-mod

This happened in 1.0.75 .78 and .79. because I reloaded all of these. That's how far I went to try to get a result and failed.

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@chrispeace)
Red Giant

@mabula-admin

I told you that I'd tried everything. What you are seeing here is an attempt where I loaded all of the stacking data and then only selected the Lights for each panel. I also tried this in a an earlier version of the programme.  Analyse Stars: I used 500 stars to make the stacks and 2000+ when making the panels into a mosaic as is your guidance. I've been through the tutorial you cited several times move by move (given that its not that relevant in places as its an older version) and Sara's video on YouTube. Its a good tutorial, It just won't work for my data or me or both.

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @antoine

In my case after studying carefully the tutorial, I managed to integrate successfully but only a limited number of panels.

My Integration worked for a max of about 16 panels. Is there is a limit to the total number of panels in mosaic mode?

I have a total of 45 panels in my project (a 50mm lens spanning a large span of the Milky Way). I found it impossible to have them all integrate no matter the settings. I keep getting NEP errors even with 0.1 size integration and a 64GB RAM machine (50GB allocated to APP).

I will try with another data set as I suspect a lot of my panels to have too much redundant data (50%+).

Dear Antoine @antoine,

Is there is a limit to the total number of panels in mosaic mode? No, there is not.

If you have so many panels with 50mm length, you need to be aware that your field of view will be huge in terms of degrees.

If the field of view is larger than 120 degrees, which is most likely the case for your mosaic, you need to use

the calibrated projective registration model

and use a different projection method than the default rectilinear projection. This is an example of an 180 degree mosaic where you need to use a different projection method.

If registration if the mosaic was good, then with a different projection, the problem that you face should be solved 😉

So register your panels as a mosaic with the calibrated registration model and set the projection to equirectangular or mercator :

calibratedProjective equirectangular mercator

Then the integration of the field of view should work properly. If you leave the projection at rectilinear, the field of view will start to blows up to infinity if the field of view is larger than 120 degrees... 😉

Kind regards,
Mabula

This post was modified 4 years ago 3 times by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
Share: