Heavy vignette even...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Heavy vignette even using all calibration frames (darks, flats, dark flats, bias)

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@goateeap)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

New user, first time poster. I'm trying to process a Pleiades session. Canon 6D, 300MM, 800ISO for everything. One session. All calibration frames. I've run through processing multiple times, omitted bias, tried just lights and darks, tried different things, similar result every time. Crazy heavy vignetting as in the attached picture. #1 I would not expect that given the calibration frames. #2 LPC does not fix it. #3 Seems to work well on other sessions with the same setup that I have processed. What am I missing? Thanks in advance.

Pleiades St

ReplyQuote
(@astrogee)
Neutron Star

Maybe compare your calibration frames with previously successful sessions. Guessing, maybe the flats could have been at a different focal point. Also, for sure the same setup? I had bad vignetting that was actually due to light pollution created by extension tubes that were shinny on the inside surface - a once pristine optical system unwittingly ruined by cheap extension tubes. Good luck!

ReplyQuote
(@nigelg)
Molecular Cloud

Were you able to resolve the vignetting?

ReplyQuote
Share: