Forum support from Vincent will be limited between now and Oktober the 30th, 2019. Mabula will be available for support on the forum though.
2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!
Mosaic problem - distorted stars in one corner
Just got APP and have now tried to do 2x2 mosaic of Sadr area.
I have now got better results than first tries but still have one corner which have bad stars.
Have made the following changes:
- pattern - quadrilaterals
- use dynamic distortion correction
- LNC - 1st degree - 3 LNC iterations
- enable MBB - 10%
filter - MAD sigma clip - kappa 3 - 1 iterations
Registration mode is normal.
Some other questions:
1. Can you load all channels (say LRGB or HaOIIIS2) and register them and make mosaic all of them in one go ?
2. Can you save the settings ?
Registration mode should be set to advanced, does that make a difference?
1. Not completely, usually people tend to run into memory issues, besides that you would need to separately tweak the narrow-band images before combining them with RGB and then assign the narrow band data to R,G or B.
2. Not yet, Mabula is working on precisely that.
Mmm, if you want you can upload some of the frames to our server so I can have a better look?
APP server,with login/password: appuser
Please create a folder with your name on it first, thank you.
I already uploaded one nights frames to my Google drive:
One person tried them and was able to produce perfect mosaic but only if he first stacked individual panels first and then made a mosaic of them.
If that works then why not in one go ?