Byte Order In Tiff ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Byte Order In Tiff Files

2 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
 Tim
(@tim)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

When you are saving a file to tiff, APP gives a number of options. However, although the byte order can be IBM PC or Mac, it automatically defaults to Mac without an option to change. Many programs don't care and can read both, such as Photoshop, while others can only read one format. For example after processing an image with APP I wanted to shrink some stars in StarTools. However, StarTools only excepts tiff files with an IBM PC byte order.

I consider this a very minor issue.  With all the good work you are doing on making some major improvements - like the speed improvements to the integration - I wouldn't want you to waste a lot of time on something so minor. Just thought I'd mention it as something to take a look at sometime in the future.

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Tim,

I'll check if I can include the option the choose the Byte Order when saving as TIFF. 

I have added it as a medium priority.

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/development-priorities/current-priorities/

Thanks !

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: