We have updated the forum software 🙂 ! We are now working on upgrading the whole site and the Forum to a dark theme... so please refresh your internet browser twice to properly update the forum appearance AND functionality... Check your internet browser for the refresh function, on windows, this usually is the F5 button, but it depends on your internet browser.
[Sticky] Current priorities
This topic shows you were the priorities are in the development of APP, so you can keep track of what I am working on currently.
- upgrade stretching to color preserving stretching following Preparing Red-Green-Blue (RGB) Images from CCD Data by Robert Lupton (thank you Rudy Pol, Mark Shelley and Roger N. Clarke) https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/main-forum/not-getting-enough-colour-in-my-final-integrated-stack-how-to-increase/
- implement possibility of using the color matrix conversion from camera colors to sRGB/Adobe 1998 in DSLR data processing. (once again, thank you Rudy Pol, Mark Shelley and Roger N. Clarke) https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/main-forum/does-astro-pixel-processor-apply-the-color-matrix-correction-to-digital-camera-raw-data/
- in 1) LOAD add extra line of buttons for loading/removing master calibration frames (so with all/non togglebutton and clean button as well)
- finish Quick Reference Guide in English and French (if someone wants to translate into another language, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Rebuild Selective Color tool
- Upgrade star color calibration tool using a 3x3 matrix for calibration and implement an algorithm to optimize the colors using some form of regression.
- auto align channels in RGB combine tool if needed.
- upgrade APP with both multi-channel and multi-session frame loading and automatic processing.
- RGB combine, add possibility to select the needed frames from the file list panel, instead of selecting files. Default button for the sliders, to reset the sliders.
- Light frame integration: possibility to not use autosave, add all info to header of saved file (FITS and TIFF), give user the option to choose the saved file name
- rebuild calibration engine. Make sure the user is warned when suboptimal calibration occurs. Prevent clipping while applying several master calibration frames, possibility of adding an offset and/or calibrating with negative values and only clip after final calibration frame. Add dark scaling. Possibility to use a single masterbias for calibration of lights/flats while iso/gain is not correct.
- extend camera support, requested is support for Sony, Pentax & Fuji (X-Trans), Leica RWL, DNG and Panasonic RW2 files.
- add support for read/write PNG
- rewrite all mosaic algorithms to increase speed, robustness and accuracy
- speed-up linear fit clipping, is really slow currently with lots of subs due to calculating the linear parameters on all data points.
- add possibility that GUI of APP can be scaled so it's experience on high resolution screens (4k) is much better.
- add separate sharpen module
- add option to output correction model in the "remove light pollution" and "correct vignetting" tools
- make the file chooser remember it's size (make it "sticky")
- check for possibility to choose Byte Order of TIFF files when saving as TIFF
- Tool for image comparison with normalization of the frames to be compared.
- check progress of process cancel button focus on Linux distributions. The button will be automatically in focus when a new process starts and this can cause the user to perform an unwanted cancellation of the process when he clicks a certain button. See https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/main-forum/progress-indicator-focus/
- remember file type filter for file chooser (just like last directory) and remember it between sessions using a configuration file.
- Possibly send an e-mail to the user if a long task completes, so user is informed via e-mail on his phone/tablet that he can check the result on the computer.
- possibility to select files by mouse dragging in the file chooser
- drag and drop frames on app workspace to load them
- save/load project profile, usefull for data of particular camera/OTA configurations and regular versus mosaic settings.
- add more sounds to APP and let user select positive/negative sounds from a list in the CFG menu, so user knows from sound after completion of a task that the task finished succesfully or with a problem. This needs to be saved with a cfg file.
- add HDR in RGB combine tool
- add different projections for the calibrated projective registration mode, like cylindrical.
- Make frame as Reference using right click menu,
- add maximum to integration modes besides average and median
- possibility to rename files in the frame list panel using right click menu
- add support to detach image viewer with histogram to a separate window so you can drop it on another screen attached to your computer.
- support for dynamic integration while acquiring frames during an image session.
- optimize integration module for 64bits data (if you need to integrate 64bits data please contact me at support@astropixelprocessor)
Main developer of Astro Pixel Processor and owner of Aries Productions