The problem with the data upload limit for attachments has been fixed. I have restored it to 30MegaBytes. A recent forum software upgrade was responsible for the changed limit. Please accept my apologies for missing this when upgrading the forum sofware, Mabula.
[Sticky] Current priorities
This topic shows you were the priorities are in the development of APP, so you can keep track of what I am working on currently.
- upgrade stretching to color preserving stretching following Preparing Red-Green-Blue (RGB) Images from CCD Data by Robert Lupton (thank you Rudy Pol, Mark Shelley and Roger N. Clarke) https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/main-forum/not-getting-enough-colour-in-my-final-integrated-stack-how-to-increase/
- implement possibility of using the color matrix conversion from camera colors to sRGB/Adobe 1998 in DSLR data processing. (once again, thank you Rudy Pol, Mark Shelley and Roger N. Clarke) https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/main-forum/does-astro-pixel-processor-apply-the-color-matrix-correction-to-digital-camera-raw-data/
- in 1) LOAD add extra line of buttons for loading/removing master calibration frames (so with all/non togglebutton and clean button as well)
- finish Quick Reference Guide in English and French (if someone wants to translate into another language, contact me at email@example.com)
- Rebuild Selective Color tool
- Upgrade star color calibration tool using a 3x3 matrix for calibration and implement an algorithm to optimize the colors using some form of regression.
- auto align channels in RGB combine tool if needed.
- upgrade APP with both multi-channel and multi-session frame loading and automatic processing.
- RGB combine, add possibility to select the needed frames from the file list panel, instead of selecting files. Default button for the sliders, to reset the sliders.
- Light frame integration: possibility to not use autosave, add all info to header of saved file (FITS and TIFF), give user the option to choose the saved file name
- rebuild calibration engine. Make sure the user is warned when suboptimal calibration occurs. Prevent clipping while applying several master calibration frames, possibility of adding an offset and/or calibrating with negative values and only clip after final calibration frame. Add dark scaling. Possibility to use a single masterbias for calibration of lights/flats while iso/gain is not correct.
- extend camera support, requested is support for Sony, Pentax & Fuji (X-Trans), Leica RWL, DNG and Panasonic RW2 files.
- add support for read/write PNG
- rewrite all mosaic algorithms to increase speed, robustness and accuracy
- speed-up linear fit clipping, is really slow currently with lots of subs due to calculating the linear parameters on all data points.
- add possibility that GUI of APP can be scaled so it's experience on high resolution screens (4k) is much better.
- add separate sharpen module
- add option to output correction model in the "remove light pollution" and "correct vignetting" tools
- make the file chooser remember it's size (make it "sticky")
- check for possibility to choose Byte Order of TIFF files when saving as TIFF
- Tool for image comparison with normalization of the frames to be compared.
- check progress of process cancel button focus on Linux distributions. The button will be automatically in focus when a new process starts and this can cause the user to perform an unwanted cancellation of the process when he clicks a certain button. See https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/main-forum/progress-indicator-focus/
- remember file type filter for file chooser (just like last directory) and remember it between sessions using a configuration file.
- Possibly send an e-mail to the user if a long task completes, so user is informed via e-mail on his phone/tablet that he can check the result on the computer.
- possibility to select files by mouse dragging in the file chooser
- drag and drop frames on app workspace to load them
- save/load project profile, usefull for data of particular camera/OTA configurations and regular versus mosaic settings.
- add more sounds to APP and let user select positive/negative sounds from a list in the CFG menu, so user knows from sound after completion of a task that the task finished succesfully or with a problem. This needs to be saved with a cfg file.
- add HDR in RGB combine tool
- add different projections for the calibrated projective registration mode, like cylindrical.
- Make frame as Reference using right click menu,
- add maximum to integration modes besides average and median
- possibility to rename files in the frame list panel using right click menu
- add support to detach image viewer with histogram to a separate window so you can drop it on another screen attached to your computer.
- support for dynamic integration while acquiring frames during an image session.
- optimize integration module for 64bits data (if you need to integrate 64bits data please contact me at support@astropixelprocessor)
Main developer of Astro Pixel Processor and owner of Aries Productions