black screen after ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

black screen after integration  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
September 25, 2020 13:00  

@jan-monsuur

Well it would be nice indeed if APP can actually tell that and gracefully point you to that, it seems this isn't super trivial apparently. I will talk about this with Mabula.

ReplyQuote
(@jan-monsuur)
White Dwarf Customer
September 25, 2020 17:39  

@vincent-modThanks!

ReplyQuote
(@morrienz)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
December 17, 2020 11:01  

I am having this problem too now, with an ASI294MC Pro, using 180 seconds lights/darks that I think I have used successfully before, shot at same temp, exposure length, and gain as the lights. If I don't calibrate with darks I get a proper final image, but with darks the final image is blank. I have 31 lights to process and it doesn't matter if I use just 3 or all 31 lights, I get the same problem.

Is there a resolution or workaround, or do we even know what is causing the problem yet?

Regards,

Chris M

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
December 17, 2020 13:20  

Looking at what the solution for most in this thread is, is making the darks again and checking carefully if all parameters are correct when taking them. Like offset not being 0, correct gain, time etc. Usually this is a calibration data issue. Also make sure you don't use the darks with bias corrected already for instance as that may then be done twice, which is not correct either.

ReplyQuote
(@morrienz)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
December 18, 2020 19:24  
Posted by: @vincent-mod

Looking at what the solution for most in this thread is, is making the darks again and checking carefully if all parameters are correct when taking them. Like offset not being 0, correct gain, time etc. Usually this is a calibration data issue. Also make sure you don't use the darks with bias corrected already for instance as that may then be done twice, which is not correct either.

Making a set of new darks fixed the problem for me, not that I can work out what was wrong with the old darks as they had correct temp, gain, offset, and exposure length for the set of lights being processed. It was only my 180second darks that were giving the problem, not the rest of my current darks library for other exposure lengths.

Cheers and thanks,
Chris M 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
December 18, 2020 19:58  

Excellent Chris! It may have been a little thing that you overlooked or something changed due to another program (happens as well sometimes), can be a number of things. But it works again, which is great. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@tchylek)
Brown Dwarf Customer
June 14, 2021 20:36  

Was this issue resolved? I am suddenly having the same problem.

If I stack 2 lights plus master dark everything is fine

If I stack 50 lights plus one master dark using the process everything is black.

Any suggestions?

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: