Share:
Notifications
Clear all

9 July 2020 - APP 1.082 has been released which contains one important bug fix. 1.082 has full Fujifilm RAF support, so that includes SuperCCD & X-Trans camera's 🙂 !

9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

Using previously generated Masters  

RSS

(@kinch)
Molecular Cloud Customer
May 29, 2020 22:50  

I hope this will be a quick & easy one for someone to answer...

If I have done a prior run with APP processing my input data - I have then to hand a Master Flat, Master Flatdark and a Master dark - which I can use again instead of loading in all the individual calibration frames. I am not sure though....does the Master Flat (as saved) contain the calibration from the Master Flatdark?  Putting it another way, easier to answer.....If I calibrate my light frames again using these Master Dark and Master Flat; do I also need to load a Master Flatdark for the calibration to work correctly?   

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
May 30, 2020 10:35  

The masterflat is corrected with the darkflats, so that shouldn't be necessary anymore indeed.

ReplyQuote
(@kinch)
Molecular Cloud Customer
May 30, 2020 12:15  

Thanks very much for the reply Vincent - that clears it for me. I thought that should be the case but was far from being sure.

Brendan.

Share: