Share:

20th March 2020 - APP 1.078 has been released !

2019 November: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse, Astronomer in Charge of iTelescope.net

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

Tutorials of Christian Sasse  

RSS

(@comet57)
Molecular Cloud Customer
February 7, 2020 14:34  

I just reviewed the tutorials of Christian Sasse and found them to be excellent and very useful.  I highly recommend them so as to get familiar and better using APP.

This topic was modified 2 months ago by Vincent Groenewold - Moderator

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
February 7, 2020 14:43  

Thank you, he did an excellent job indeed. The upcoming, hopefully in a few months, written tutorial will also be quite extensive on all these topics.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Neutron Star Customer
February 7, 2020 16:17  

Wait, "hopefully in a few months"? That's quite disturbing news to be honest. The written manual has been announced to be released "soon" for over a year now.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
February 7, 2020 16:43  

Yes, unfortunately that didn't work out as APP was changing quite a bit still. Also Mabula is having to balance his time between APP updates an the manual. Many packages don't have actual extensive documentation, which is no excuse for us ofcourse, but at least we're working on an extensive one. When it's here it'll be there and updated for the extent of the product, which is hopefully a very long time.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Neutron Star Customer
February 7, 2020 20:26  

That I completely understand. I guess what I was trying to say is that more realistic estimates and more frequent progress updates would be VERY welcome. I often feel we are left in the middle her with guesses about when we may expect new versions or new documentation so that is definitely something to look into please.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
February 7, 2020 22:15  

Yes I agree, sometimes features are promised to be there in a certain version and they were not. Mainly due to understandable circumstances, but it's then better not to mention them yet, I agree. Regarding more updates on progress, I am thinking of creating a Youtube channel to do some of these reports on a regular basis, it might be more visible then having to look through the forum posts. The progress on current releases can be seen on the right hand side of the forum, like where you see the updates for 1.076. All these things are learning moments for us as well, it's still a very young company, so thanks for pointing these things out.

ReplyQuote
Share: