Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

James Webb data processing

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@minroadkill)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Has anyone used APP to process James Webb data? I have watched tutorials with Pixensight and when opened, several files load from a single fits file. When I open these files in APP only one file is opened. I have successfully processed a couple images but there are 6 filters used by NIRcam and APP always fails to register one of them which makes me think I may be leaving data on the table. What can I try to get the last file to register? Any pointers would be appreciated.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @minroadkill,

I have never done this myself. But maybe you can upload some of the Fits files? I should be able to implement that APP can subtract all image data from these files 😉 which would be a great addition of course.

https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/

username: uploadData

password: uploadTestData

Please make a folder with your name and description like:  minroadkill-JamesWebbData

and let me know once uploaded 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@minroadkill)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

I am at work right now but maybe I can do a tutorial for people that would like to try processing the data themselves. Not sure when I will have the time, but I was able to register them out and then combine them, but I had to keep trying different reference frames when asked. I could get them close to the Nasa processing and would be interested to see what more experienced users on here could achieve using APP. Here is a quick and dirty for the time being.

Visit https://mast.stsci.edu/portal/Mashup/Clients/Mast/Portal.html and click on Advanced Search. In the filters section go to Mission, select more and then select JWST. In the Instrument section select NIRCAM/IMAGE and MIRI/Image. In the Object name section input the name or messier number you are looking for. For testing I input Eagle Nebula and then hit search in the top left corner. Once the search completes you can click on each floppy disk to download each file then extract them and open the fits in APP for viewing or registering/normalizing.

You can use the following links to know what colors to assign the filters to.

NIRCAM Filters

MIRI filters

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: