Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Convert BIN1 FITS (CMOS Mono CAM) to BIN2

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@enno29)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hello, is there a way in APP to convert a BIN1 FITS to BIN2 near the hardware BIN2 CCD? Have already tried using Scale under Integration to 0.5. But don't see any change.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Dear Enrico,

Why would you want to throw away valuable information by reducing it to bin2 before anything ?

Integrating with scale 0.5 should work and give you  an integration with half resolution, doesn't it?

Mabula

This post was modified 2 years ago by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
(@enno29)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin My camera has too small a pixel size for my focal length (ASI6200mm with Edge 1100 HD). This brings me into oversampling with bloating stars. I have already tried Scale 0.5 but did not see any improvement as it would be with BIN2.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Okay, I have bin2 code ready, but it is not yet implemented in APP. Perhaps you can send me a couple of lights and I will test it and implement it going forward?

Can you upload some lights here:

https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/

username and password : upload

Make a folder with your name and let me know once uploaded 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@dr-schulte)
Hydrogen Atom

I'm in the same boat... I shot 5 hours of data I need to convert from BIN1 to BIN2 (because I forgot to set adjust my Oiii data to Bin 2) My flats are in BIN 2.  So I'd like to convert each raw image and then I can feed it into APP with my other files and it will compile.  When I try to include the data it doubles or upsizes all me other Oiii sessions. 

Please let me know. 

ReplyQuote
Share: