Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Convert BIN1 FITS (CMOS Mono CAM) to BIN2

(@enno29)
Molecular Cloud Customer
Topic starter  

Hello, is there a way in APP to convert a BIN1 FITS to BIN2 near the hardware BIN2 CCD? Have already tried using Scale under Integration to 0.5. But don't see any change.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin

Dear Enrico,

Why would you want to throw away valuable information by reducing it to bin2 before anything ?

Integrating with scale 0.5 should work and give you  an integration with half resolution, doesn't it?

Mabula

This post was modified 11 months ago by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
(@enno29)
Molecular Cloud Customer
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin My camera has too small a pixel size for my focal length (ASI6200mm with Edge 1100 HD). This brings me into oversampling with bloating stars. I have already tried Scale 0.5 but did not see any improvement as it would be with BIN2.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin

Okay, I have bin2 code ready, but it is not yet implemented in APP. Perhaps you can send me a couple of lights and I will test it and implement it going forward?

Can you upload some lights here:

https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/

username and password : upload

Make a folder with your name and let me know once uploaded 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@dr-schulte)
Hydrogen Atom Customer

I'm in the same boat... I shot 5 hours of data I need to convert from BIN1 to BIN2 (because I forgot to set adjust my Oiii data to Bin 2) My flats are in BIN 2.  So I'd like to convert each raw image and then I can feed it into APP with my other files and it will compile.  When I try to include the data it doubles or upsizes all me other Oiii sessions. 

Please let me know. 

ReplyQuote
Share: