Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

How to do a 360°to 180°full Panorama combination.

16 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@technohell)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hello APP-Team,

first, the program is very very nice. 👍 

Now I try to strech it to it's limits.

I have a Panorama set 360° x 360° and I want to combine the sky with APP.

I did a lot of tries, but failed till now.

My data set is:

158 x 15" ISO 1600 18mm APS-C vertical orientation, each panel two(three) times (alread stacked) and 4 rows from top to horizont.

So the result are 75 panels to combine.

I startet with the top-row and combined all together, cause they all overlap in the center.

Now I tried to combine the 2nd row to the top-combination.

When I do the combination at once the stars don#t overlap correct in the outer side, just the  center with the alread stacke top is nice.

No joke, I work over a month on this and don't get a (usable) final result. 😱 😭 

One big part ist the full moon, but I have the pannels alread normalised during stacking process and they fit well.

So now I don't do normalisation now.

My big question is how do I combine row 2, 3 and 4 to the top panel the best way?

Should I combine each single panel on it's own to the top panel?

Should I do crops in between or not?

When i crop, should I do the crop with photosho or something to just take the good part in a not rectangular shape?

(For Example, the top pannel could be cropped in a circle.)

What setting options are the best for combination? dynamic distortion correction on or off ... and and and...?

Is it possible, when i have a good final, to combine the full set registed on this result again to become a more suitable version to the bottom part?

I know a lot of questions, but I don't know what to do now...

I'm crying cause the data is very nice and I wanne do a recombination after with the bottom part to get a 360x360 view.

Please please help and give me a hint. 😘 

And again, thank you for this very nice program!!!! 🤗 

In best hopes, Sven

PS, if you need more data, just ask.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Might be, sorry to say, that a full panorama is not supported really. A 180 degree is already quite the challenge, the mosaic function we have is mainly meant for very nice mosaics of objects, wider views, a stretch of the milky-way, but for more than that it's not optimized.

ReplyQuote
(@technohell)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi Vincent.

180 degree? APP tells me in registation it can do 360x180°

I don't wanne do the 360°x360° in APP just the top 180°.

Or can i just do 2x 180° (so just 2 halfs)?

I cant even get close to the 180°.

So it's better to stack 4 pannels with ~180° in APP, did I get it right?

The rest I can possibly in Hugin or Photoshop.

Thanks, if I got it right, now, else give me some hints.

If I get it finaly done, I'll post it for you.

Thx for the fast answer.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yes, well it depends on the data basically. So maybe you can share a few screenshots of how that looks like? I know full milkyway mosaics are possible, but it's not an easy thing yet in my experience at least.

ReplyQuote
(@technohell)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Okay, here we go.

Top2 rows not fitting

one try to combine Row2 to the top.

Not fitting

Not fitting in the overlapping in Row 2

Top pano no crop

Uncropped Center final Top row, combined

Stacked singel panel

Single already stacked frame.

You see, the problem starts with the 2nd row.

When I crop it to the "good" part, I only have the same panel with onlie the Top 1st row.

I thought about taking the Top panel, adding row 2 frames each after the other.

after this, I wanne do same with row 3 and 4. But it had problems, when I dont crop it to a rectangular shape... (I guess it was the problem).

I hope it helps, but i can post more screens.

Most "not worked" data I had to delet, cause I need most of my 1TB  on this HDD for the whole processing (says APP).

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Thanks for sharing. I think the main issue is that there are very little stars in the subs, with the addition of a almost full moon. The accuracy to stacking and evening out the panels does depend on the overall quality. You need LNC and MBB added ofcourse, but I have to say that what you're sharing is already quite good for the program. I think you're mainly running into a data quality issue here.

ReplyQuote
(@technohell)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

The starcount a around 1300-1800 stars and in the moon frames it goes down on 950-1100 stars. (It looks extrem worse on this screenshots in reduced jpg.)

And i know, full moon isn't the best parner for astrophotografie.

LNC and MBB is on. Mostly I use LNC 2 with 4 itterations and MBB on 15.

And no data is good. 😉 😆  Its nice to have the landscape a bit brighter.

So, I'll keep trying it on my own.

IT HAVE TO COMBINE. 😡  😉 

So my way is good, but I have to take more time on it.

For dynamic distortion correction, better on or off?

They are already correted by the stacking by 2 frames on top on each other.

And better stacking singel frame to the top or row by row?

I wann do it like this Top (combined) + Frame 1 Row 2 = A1 then A1(no crop)+ Frame 2 Row 2 = A2 ......till its done

Or should i do it like Top (combined) + all frames Row 2 = B1 then B1_crop + all frames Row 3.

Any guesses?

Thanks for you're help.

It pushes me, to hear I got fare in your oppinion.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

To me, the mosaic looks as good as I would think it can be. You can try to use some Light Pollution correction on the mosaic, just to get the background darker and overall more even. I wonder how that looks like.

This kind of mosaic does work better with dynamic distortion correction usually, if your data doesn't need it it creates very weird artefacts, but I don't see that here. You also select "advanced" normalization I assume?

How to tackle it, I must say I don't have much experience with this wide FOV of a mosaic. I would possibly try 1 row, integrate that, then later combine all rows together. But I'm not sure that's the best necessarily.

Curious if this will work out for you!

ReplyQuote
(@technohell)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  
Posted by: @vincent-mod

You also select "advanced" normalization I assume?

No, just the first run. now they are clos together and I don't do anny normalisation.

It has problems on the moon pannes (they bekomme dark with 4 stars and violett-green colors).

I'll show the final result... in 3 month.. 😥 😉 🤣 

Thanks for the tips.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Would you mind uploading the panels to our server? Mabula can use all this data a lot to improve on his mosaic algorithm. He also mentioned you need to use the "calibrated projective" option, that should work better as well.

Go to https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com and for the username and password, use: upload

Create a directory named “technohell-360Mosaic” and upload in there. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
(@technohell)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod I'm trying, but cannot log in there.

What data do you want? RAW-data or singel panels after stacking (fits oder tiff?) or alread bigger panels.

I can give you everything you want, but it's a lot of data (~5 GB in RAW incl. BIAS,Flats,Darks and ~17 GB in corrected stacked fits or ~7,5GB croped singel stacked panels in tiff ).

Just tell me, but it could takle some time, caused by privat stuff.

I like to help, cause it's is very nice program.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@technohell As Vincent indicated, use upload for both the username and password. Your APP credentials will not work for the upload server.

ReplyQuote
(@technohell)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@wvreeven I tried to use upload with my usename and password from this forum.

I cannot log in to https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com /a>

So that is my problem.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@technohell So did you manage to login in the end? If not, simply use the work "upload" (just that without the quotes) as username and the word "upload" (again just that without the quotes) as password.

ReplyQuote
(@technohell)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  
Posted by: @technohell

I can give you everything you want, but it's a lot of data (~5 GB in RAW incl. BIAS,Flats,Darks and ~17 GB in corrected stacked fits or ~7,5GB croped singel stacked panels in tiff ).

And I can (if I can log in) upload what you want, just tell me which format an where in stackingprocess?

I just upload raw and singel panels, you see the differenz.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Sven Hendricks

ReplyQuote
(@technohell)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Everything uploaded.

Delet what you don't need and have fun with the data.

ReplyQuote
Share: