Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Altazimuth mount and large number of subs

6 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@anto74)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie in astrophotography and last year I bought an Ioptron Az Mount Pro for planetary astrophotography (unfortunately I don't see the North Star from my balcony).
A few months ago I started doing deep sky astrophotography and I think I have gotten some good results, but I would like some advice please on the treatment of a large number of poses.
I have already read the advice you have given to divide the session into several sessions, but I have a doubt.
When I have to integrate the lights obtained from the single elaborations, do I have to select multisession / multichannel or not?
Are the lights I get in each integration the ones without the suffix nm or rm?
For example I integrated M42 and for each integration I get these three files:
M42.fits - M42-nm.fits - M42-rm.fits
M42_a.fits - M42_a-nm.fits - M42_a-rm.fits
M42_b.fits - M42_b-nm.fits - M42_b-rm.fits
etc .....
To get the final image I have to integrate the files M42.fits - M42_a.fits - M42_b.fits etc .... and I have to select Multisession / channel or not?

Thanks

Antonio

M42 not processed with photoshop
M42 final bis RGB session 1 session 2 session 3 session 4 session 5 session 6 1 bst stretch copia

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@anto74 Wow that is a really good result, even if it wasn't an AltAz telescope!!!

As for your question, you don't need all the intermediate _rm and _nm images. You can load all lights from a single session into APP and go straight to tab 6 and click the integrate button. No need at all to execute each step individually. APP will take care of that. And no need at all to save all intermediate results!

ReplyQuote
(@anto74)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven

Thanks for the answer 🙂

Ok, I understand that the nm and rm files do not serve my purpose, maybe I have illustrated my question wrong.

Integrating all subs from the three sessions at once is very heavy...

For example, I photographed M42 on December 20th, 22nd and 29th.

In each session I shot 300 subs and 30 darks.

I divided each session into groups of 100 subs and processed normally (from step 1 to step 6) each sub session.

For each session I have therefore obtained three final lights (0-100 101-200 201-300).

In total I have 9 final lights (3 lights December 20, 3 lights December 22 and 3 lights December 29).

Now to merge these 9 lights together I load them in step 1 and go straight to step 6, is that correct?

When I upload them, do I have to select multisession or not?

Thank you 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @anto74,

Excellent result 🙂 ! thanks for sharing.

To clarify, the _rm and _nm are the RejectionMap and NormalizationMap which are only created when you enable these in 6) for analysis of how the data integration performed. These maps are only useful for analysis and don't contain any of your data 😉

Enable Analytical Maps

Like Wouter, says, for an individual session, you can simply disable Multi-Session in 1) LOAD, load your lights and go to 6) Integrate and click on integrate 😉 All will go automatically.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @anto74

@wvreeven

Thanks for the answer 🙂

For each session I have therefore obtained three final lights (0-100 101-200 201-300).

In total I have 9 final lights (3 lights December 20, 3 lights December 22 and 3 lights December 29).

Now to merge these 9 lights together I load them in step 1 and go straight to step 6, is that correct?

When I upload them, do I have to select multisession or not?

Thank you 🙂

Hi Antonio @anto74,

Indeed, to merge the 9 final lights, simply load them in 1) and go straight to 6). You don't need multi-session then. Multi-Session is only needed when you use different calibration files (dark, flat, bias, darkflat) per session. Since you have integrated them. Data-calibration is no longer needed and thus Multi-Session is not needed.

To possibly get beter alignment in your final result for your 9 final lights, try to 4) Register, enable dynamic distortion correction and disable the same camera and optics, because the integrations/stacks of the 100 frame batches are considered as a different camera technically. If the stars are already perfectly aligned in your result, you can ignore this advice 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@anto74)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin

Thanks, perfect!

Antonio

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: