Preview and saving ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

[Solved] Preview and saving calibrated images errors

12 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@minusman)
Black Hole
Topic starter  

Hi Vincent, in the new beta the preview of I-calibrated does not work. Linear works fine.

Screenshot (80)

When I try to save the frames, nothing happens.

Screenshot (81)

I also tried to activate and deactivate functions, but it did not help.

This topic was modified 4 years ago by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ok, thanks for sharing. We will investigate what the issue might be right now.

ReplyQuote
(@minusman)
Black Hole
Topic starter  

Hello Vincent, I have uploaded a few frames for testing. The folder is called like the post topic
Maybe this will help. 😉 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

That is great, thanks! I tried it myself on other data and didn't have an issue, but if it show on yours, it'll be addressed for sure. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

@minusman, thanks for sharing this issue.

I will have a look and report back 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @minusman,

I have found the bug, it has to do with conversion to 32bits data since your earlier created MasterDark is 32bits. I will try to fix this with high priority and release an updated beta.

Thanks for sharing this.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @minusman,

Good news, I have fixed the problem 😉 Thank you for sharing the issue, it was quite an important bug to fix. It had to do with my code optimizations to speed things up and it didn't take into account that for Bayer data, a small border needs to be cropped while normalizing to 32bits... so this bug would manifest itself on calibration of Bayer data when the data needs to be normalized to 32bits in the calibration fase.

Linear NeutralizeBG preview
L Calibrated NeutralizeBG preview
Data Calibrated And Star Color Calibrated To Test

I will build a new beta installer today and will let you know once available 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@minusman)
Black Hole
Topic starter  

That looks good, I am looking forward to the new beta version. 😀 

ReplyQuote
(@minusman)
Black Hole
Topic starter  

A question to create Masterflat in the beta.
When I calibrate Masterflats, if I leave the integration on Automatic, is the Blur method used, or is it only available in manual mode?

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @minusman,

A new beta is available here with the fix 😉 (log in to get access):

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/appreleases/downloads/

Let me know if all is good now 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @minusman

A question to create Masterflat in the beta.
When I calibrate Masterflats, if I leave the integration on Automatic, is the Blur method used, or is it only available in manual mode?

Hi @minusman,

In the automatic mode, blurring is not applied. If you want to use it, I suggest you use the non-automatic mode.

I recommend to always use median integration for flats, no matter the amount of frames and apply slight outlier rejection -> winsor/adaptive with kappa low 6 and kappa high 3.

Blurring is a bit dangerous, on data with very strong vignetting, it will actually give worse results in terms of flat-field calibration, so for an automatic mode, we really need to disable this.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@minusman)
Black Hole
Topic starter  

Hello, Mabula, so it's on now. And APP is now very fast. I have re-processed the IC 342 images on my Ubuntu laptop with classic HDD hard disk and it is a clear performance boost. From calibration to integration everything runs through, without any problems. 🤩 🤩 
When stretching the integration image, the preview hangs when you move the stretch slider and/or the contrast slider and jump from integration to rejection map. APP must then be restarted.

Bildschirmfoto von 2020 02 10 23 15 19
Bildschirmfoto von 2020 02 10 23 14 49
Bildschirmfoto von 2020 02 10 23 12 45

ReplyQuote
Share: