Make Dialog Boxes p...

Share:

20th March 2020 - APP 1.078 has been released !

2019 November: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse, Astronomer in Charge of iTelescope.net

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

Make Dialog Boxes part of the Application Window  

RSS

(@itarchitectkev)
Red Giant Customer
February 6, 2020 17:11  

Hi, Can dialog boxes (app modal dialog boxes requesting some kind of action, like Overwrite File No/Yes) be part of the APP application Window and not pop up as the main window? I've just waited 1 hour for an Integration to occur in the background whilst working/writing emails - and I pressed Enter for a new line in email, at the moment a dialog box popped up from APP to overwrite the resultant integration. As the default is Cancel, this frustrating turn of events cause me to scream loudly at my PC and then re-process my Integration. It isn't the first time this has happened.

Separately, there is another RFC to allow control of all dialog box actions: "Allow Overwrite Always" for example so dialog boxes and pauses are not necessary. This should be considered. There are too many pop-ups for a long--running batch processing tool.

(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
February 6, 2020 17:38  

Interesting issue indeed, I'll ask Mabula about it and will let you know.

ReplyQuote
(@itarchitectkev)
Red Giant Customer
February 6, 2020 17:51  

Ironically, this just occurred just now reading your response in my web browser... the Dialog Box that pops up is the highest priority - new Windows, say I'm launching another app, end up underneath this.

If I'm working in application1, I don't want it to interfere with my application2. It is too intrusive.

APPDialogBoxProblem

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
February 6, 2020 18:12  

Yes I understand, I'll talk about it with Mabula and will know soon if there is another way to deal with this. Thanks for pointing it out!

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
February 6, 2020 20:57  

Ok, Mabula got back to me and will change this. Dialogs will become part of the main window, just not in 1.076 yet but after that.

ReplyQuote
Share: