Please speed up the...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

Please speed up the slow image manipulation (Sat., Stretch, B & W point etc. and rgb combine) - maybe RawTherapee-like  

RSS

(@aaronr)
White Dwarf Customer
February 18, 2021 13:12  

RawTherapee does all the manipulations as preview only on the visible part of the image, resampled with the display resolution.

So an image with 5000x4000 becomes only effectively 1000x800 for the simple tools and processing will be faster by magnitudes. All the manipulations will finally be applied to the whole image when necessary (at the latest when "Save" is being hit).

Tools that rely on full resolution can only be previewed in 100% Zoom. Switching between 100% and Fit in Window is done by double click. This is very fast is not as much a draw back as the slow whole image processing pauses.

Actually it is so fast, that the image can be updated while moving the slider. This would be great. Please check out the free RawTherapee tool. I believe the implementation is not that tedious.

That would be great : )

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
February 18, 2021 13:52  

I actually have RawTherapee and an idea like that is interesting indeed I think. I'll inform Mabula about it.

ReplyQuote
Share: