Multi-Session/Multi...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Multi-Session/Multi-Filter Handling: Always be Multi-Session and Multi-Filter, even for single session/filter processing

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@itarchitectkev)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

The current method of handling multi-session/multi-filter is to pop up a very wordy dialog box that is confusing. The choice you can make (OK and Cancel) doesn't correspond to the question being asked "Do you want to enable multi-session?" and again "Do you want to enable multi-filter?". It's a Yes/No response.

Regardless, I think this can be solved - regardless of processing a single session and "no filter" is to assume it is always multi-session/multi-filter.

Multi-Session/Filter is well understood when you enable it for people processing your multi-filters, but for single - predominantly OSC projects, it doesn't make sense to enable it. However, if it was always enabled you end up with a default, with all the same dialog boxes potentially popping up asking which filter etc, with a OSC run of:

Session 1
- Filter: RGB
   - Lights
   - Darks
   - etc

With multi-session enabled by default, should a user wish to add in a new session *after the fact you already made the decision to say no/cancel to the multi-session question as it stands today* it means your project won't get wiped out.

Is there a reason why processing a single session/single filter in this way would cause a problem? 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I don't think there would be a reason to cause a problem, it's mainly a workflow and settings issue in this case. I agree with the yes/no and also wonder if a slightly different startup-approach would be nicer to have. @mabula-admin

Again, thanks for the suggestion!

ReplyQuote
(@itarchitectkev)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Yes I'm just thinking that you remove any notion of a single session/single filter. A single session is always session 1 regardless. No additional filters - you can infer from the fact the FITS have a Bayer pattern or need to force this. Either way that you can put these as an RGB filter.

The upshot from this is that if I then choose to add in more data, or add in more data from my LRGB session from another camera, I can do without losing all files.

So just do away with that special code of single session vs multi and filters or not. It's all multi and all have some kind of filter.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yeah, will be nice to think about as it would also add to the automation that we're trying to aim for (without the downsides).

ReplyQuote
Share: