Indication of the s...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Indication of the slider-zoom setting

7 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
Topic starter  

It would be nice to have a better indication of the zoom-status of a slider, not sure how exactly, but when performing an entire post-processing flow and then looking back at the panel at a glance, I can't see their settings very clearly.

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Yes, I was thinking about that myself, I think a zoom number instead of the + and - signs would do it.

Zoom 1 = no zoom

and higher values would indicate more zooming I propose. Then you immediately see how strong you are zoomed with the sliders.

Agree? Or would you know of another way?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
Topic starter  

That might be nice, or maybe graphically, just below the slider. With a bar that shrinks the more you zoom in?

ReplyQuote
(@scott_rosen)
Neutron Star

SGP and Photoshop indicate Zoom as a percentage.  I'm not exactly sure what defines 100% zoom (In SGP, a bin 1x1 image shows the full image at 25%), but I think a percentage indication (instead of a Zoom level number) might be more consistent with how most APers are accustomed to seeing zoom levels. 

Scott

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Scott,

We are possibly mixing things up here 😉

Vincent was referring to the zoom function of the sliders in the preview filter below the histogram.

app preview

The + and - buttons can be used to zoom in on the sliders range. In the case of 32bits data, you can zoom in with a factor of 16^5 = 1048576 by clicking 5 times on a + button. It will enable you to use the slider with a 1/millionth precision. Something which you sometimes need to do to get the most pleasing stretch in high quality  (high SNR) integrations.

I think you are refer to zooming in/out of the image viewer window? Maybe we should opena seperate topic for this as an RFC, with the request to show the zoom percentage some where and possibly the option to directly zoom in with a certain %.

Normally 100% zoom would mean that the pixels of the image match the pixels of your screen/monitor in size.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
Topic starter  

I think Scott did understand what I was talking about, but he puts forward yet another possibility. So zooming into the slider range 5x would equal 500% to be displayed instead.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Thank you Vincent,

Okay, but for the zoom slider this would become a tremendously large %, since you can zoom in with a factor of 16^5 (16 to the power of 5) which is roughly a million times.

There is no room to put such a number in, I think it needs to be a single number which makes it clear instantly. I would propose to show the power.

If you click once on "+" you are zoomed in with a factor of 16^1 = 16 , so we would show 1

If you click twice on "+" you are zoomed in with a factor of 16^2 = 256, so we would show 2

etc...

For the image viewer window though, a percentage is clearly what most APers are used to.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: