Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

[Solved] Zoom out on Mac

10 Posts
5 Users
5 Likes
(@jeroenm)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula, I understand that zooming in and out on the preview screen when working with Windows is just a matter of left and right clicking.

Since I'm working with an iMac, there's only one mouse button to click. Zooming in isn't a problem, but is there a way of zooming out? I tried almost any key combination (alt, ctrl, shift etc.) but the only way to go back to a full view is clicking on another file in the list and then clicking the original file again.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

HI Jeroen,

Okay, this is a new one for me 😉

So your iMac mouse only has one button.

Would it be the easiest if I map the zoom in/out to  + / - buttons on the keyboard perhaps?

And you don't need to load a new frame first. Above the image viewer, there is a dropdownbox

ImageViewerModes

The right dropdown box can reload your image directly, just reselect the current setting of linear(l) to reload the linear raw data directly.

The "scale selectbox" means scale to fit.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Is this a very old Mac mouse by any chance? Because you can set it to use a right-mouse click by using 2 fingers if I'm not mistaken, on fairly new versions (as in since 2008 or so). You can set this in the OSX preferences.

ReplyQuote
(@jeroenm)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I'm using a brand new iMac. The bluetooth mouse I have only has one button, but can be set to 2 buttons in the preferences indeed. That did the trick! I was so used to only using one button that I forgot about these settings, also because the mouse has a lot of other options (like swiping with one or two fingers) I use a lot.

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Excellent 😉

Would mapping zoom in/out to +/- keys still be of some use?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@marc_theunissen)
Red Giant

Posted by: Jeroen

Hi Mabula, I understand that zooming in and out on the preview screen when working with Windows is just a matter of left and right clicking.

Since I'm working with an iMac, there's only one mouse button to click. Zooming in isn't a problem, but is there a way of zooming out? I tried almost any key combination (alt, ctrl, shift etc.) but the only way to go back to a full view is clicking on another file in the list and then clicking the original file again.

You can activate your second mouse "button" in System Preferences / Mouse / Secondary -> Click on right side ... this should solve your issue and the default mouse behaviour of Mac OS.

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Thank you Marc,

Jeroen's problem is solved indeed 😉

ReplyQuote
(@marc_theunissen)
Red Giant

Sorry, indeed, it was already solved, I didn't refresh my topic window (with the answers already given).

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@scott_rosen)
Neutron Star

Mabula - yes, an alternate of having keyboard +/- keys would be a very useful zoom in/out feature - even for those of us who have right and left mouse buttons.  The other one that I've found to be quite intuitive for zooming is up and down arrow keys (instead of +/-).  On a lot of laptops there isn't a separate numeric keypad, so the + key is a Shift-Equal and is a bit more awkward to use.

Scott

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

@Marc, no problem 😉

@Scott, okay, i'll try to map the zooming function to the up and down keys, I agree, that it will be easier with smaller keyboards.

ReplyQuote
Share: