Give users ability ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Give users ability to reassign calibration files to different sessions and channels after they have already been loaded/processed without readding and reassigning from scratch

4 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@itarchitectkev)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Sometimes, when loading calibration frames - especially for larger projects, and certainly for multi-channel and session processing, I would end up loading calibration frames and realising I've either assigned them to the wrong channel/filter, or I've added extra sessions and now want to add the same calibration files, maybe even processed masters, to the new session.

Currently, the only feasible way I've seen to do this is to process the calibration, remove them, then add the masters to all the right channels/sessions.

I'd like an ability to assign them after they've loaded. Say assign master flat, loaded on session 1, to now add that to session 3 as well.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

That seems like a nice idea, I'll forward that to Mabula.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @itarchitectkev

Sometimes, when loading calibration frames - especially for larger projects, and certainly for multi-channel and session processing, I would end up loading calibration frames and realising I've either assigned them to the wrong channel/filter, or I've added extra sessions and now want to add the same calibration files, maybe even processed masters, to the new session.

Currently, the only feasible way I've seen to do this is to process the calibration, remove them, then add the masters to all the right channels/sessions.

I'd like an ability to assign them after they've loaded. Say assign master flat, loaded on session 1, to now add that to session 3 as well.

Hi @itarchitectkev,

Currently, this is alreay possible 🙂

Simply load the master frame that needs re-assignment and then assign the correct filters and sessions. The earlier assignment is removed when the master is re-loaded. The current file loading implementation does not allow duplicates of frames to be loaded.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@itarchitectkev)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Exactly what I think could be improved given the process you just described: you have to reload the file(s) again: click load, find the file(s) again, add to channels and filters.

Case in point is a typical SHO session from two scopes:

Load flats Ha, load dark flats Ha, load flats Sii, load dark flat Sii, load flats Oiii, load dark flats Oiii

X2 for two scopes.

Plus darks X2. (Plus/maybe potential Bias) X2. 

That's a lot of reloading to reassign when additional sessions added. (In my case due to no changes in image train I was able to reuse the day before flats and realising I have to go through the lengthy process of reloading all the flats).

Simply being able to, say, right click and select the filters/channels - or potentially a better/useful view when looking at masters, say, when double clicking on a (master) file to load it, show what it is assigned to and allow me to select which to associate.

(Arguably this is also a case for handling bigger/growing projects more eloquently in APP - this problem mainly exists when more data is added to a concept of a project.)

ReplyQuote
Share: