What should I do ne...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

What should I do next?

10 Posts
2 Users
3 Likes
(@msamazing)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

I would like to have someone look at my data to see what I should do next.  I would like to upload the data for someone to look at it.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Could you point to what data you're talking about and what the question is?

ReplyQuote
(@msamazing)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod yes, is it possible to upload here directly or do I need to upload it somewhere else and point you to it?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

You can see where to upload on the top right of the forum, make a directory on the server called "msamazing-data" and please describe what the issue is as I'm not seeing it here in this thread, thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@msamazing)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod I just updated so hopefully I did it correctly.  I am new to astrophotography and wondered what steps you  would not take with my data processing where it is now.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Will check the data first, please allow for tomorrow as it's quite late here already. 🙂 Thanks for uploading!

ReplyQuote
(@msamazing)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod thank you!  No rush.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

So, could you also explain what exactly you'd like to do next? What's th question you have basically?

ReplyQuote
(@msamazing)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod I am very new to astrophotography and don't really have a trained eye. I guess what I am asking is when someone that has been doing this a long time looks at my image, is there anything that would make it better?  Maybe it is fine as it is.  I am really just trying to learn if there is any way that I should improve it.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ah, got it. So looking at your data, it's actually looking really good already! Impressive for someone who's just beginning even. You may be able to even the background out a bit more using the Light Pollution tool, but other than that, just gather more data to get more signal etc and you'll be fine. This result is already really nice.

ReplyQuote
Share: