What do you get when saving normalized lights?  

RSS

jay
(@jay)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
January 18, 2018 17:48  

Hello,

I'm new to APP and trying to get my head around the workflow. I want to explore different integration options, so it seems logical to me that I perform steps 3-5 and then click "save normalized frames". Then later I am able to re-load those normalized frames and integrate them.

Is this correct? do the saved normalized frames have all the correct calibrations applied? 

Cheers, Jay

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-haverkamp-administrator)
Quasar Admin
January 19, 2018 16:28  

Hi Jay ( @jay ),

Thank you for your question and welcome to the forum 😉

The possibility to save your frames after registration or normalization is there for several reasons.

1. Yes, you can save them for continuation later, in that case you can set the registration mode to no registration and normalization mode to none.
  2. Or it you want to import the images into another application. Some users register their images on the stars and normalize the data in APP before importing the data into another application for comet registration. (a feature that will be added to APP as well).
  3. In some workflows for multi-channel data, you can register and normalize the channels and save them before importing them into the RGB combine tool to make any sort of compositie.

The registered and normalized frames indeed have everthing applied. The calibration, registration parameters and normalization parameters.

But normally, you don't need to save the data after normalization, just integrate with settings in 6). After integration, just alter some settings in 6) and you can directly integrate using those settings.

Let me know if this answers your question 😉 or if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,

Mabula

Main developer of Astro Pixel Processor and owner of Aries Productions

ReplyQuote
 jay
(@jay)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
January 19, 2018 18:45  

OK that makes sense, thank you.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register