Unable to save prog...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Unable to save program

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@petercpc)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I ordered a Trial License but cannot save it. Both Windows and Norton say that it's a dangerous file. Norton removed it before I could save it to the PC.

Peter

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Peter,

That's not very nice.

You will need to tell both Windows and Norton that APP is save to use. Norton is the only security/anti-virus application that I am aware of that complains about APP being insecure.

Other APP users have instructed Norton that APP is safe and then it works fine.

The reason is most likely that the windows version of APP currently is not signed by a public Certificate Authority. I intend to do this in the future, but for now, you will need to inform both windows and Norton that APP is safe to use.

Let me know if you can get it started properly 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@petercpc)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I give up. I have made changes to Norton and Windows but it still gets removed by Norton. It almost ran at one point but then it froze my computer and I had to turn it off without shutting down.

Maybe I will try again in a few months time.

Peter

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Peter,

That's not good at all, my apoplogies for the inconvenience ;-(

I will work on securing the windows installer. I will need to sign the installer with a signed certifcate from a public ceritficate authority. That should help Windows and Norton to trust the application. I'll try to do this as soon as possible, because your problems indicate that others could experience this as well, which I certainly would like to prevent.

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: