sho trouble getting...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

sho trouble getting blues

8 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@singding)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

hi!

ive got a 4 panel with some seam issues but that is not the main reason for this post. I cannot seem to get decent sho mapping. any help is highly appreciated! I got good colors on NA but on this one, gold is prevalent. how can I get more blues as I like the way they show 🙂

Ha      https://drive.google.com/open?id=10Ghyop-e3L548YaGowe6d3HbqLuuvdot

oiii     https://drive.google.com/open?id=189wKHBfRMuHvpgTYasi0FSmDULmfaarL

sii     https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lSCw9_y2aW7lc581f5qP_PSfM877lpzBth

Adam

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Adam @singding,

Can you please check, I have downloaded the Ha and OIII channels, but the SII URL does not work, it gives a

Not Found

Error 404

unfortunately...

Cheers,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@singding)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PhbSaswbCF_Wa_-PddSVr_H4bw7dYvRy

sii

thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@singding)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Mabula,

Any way you can take a peek at s2 with the other channels? I find it difficult to get the image brighter and get nice colors. I must be doing something wrong.

Thank you sir 

Adam

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Adam @singding,

Sorry to have kept you waiting, I will try to have a look first thing tomorrow 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Dear Adam @singding,

I notice that you applied the remove light pollution tool on on the SII, Ha & OIII channels that you uploaded. Probably it's better if you wait with the correction after creation of the  composite, because I do notice that the correction is a bit off. If you apply it to the composite, you have much more guarantee that it's working okay and that the correction is consistent across the field of view.

I first normalised your 3 channels in 5) and then I used the following the settings:

SHO multipliers
preview filter
Adam SHO blues

You can clearly see that in the middle of the filed of view there is a big gradient which isn't natural.

Somewhat different settings, showing perhaps better colors on the left side to give you an idea of possible RGB combine settings:

SHO multipliers 2
Adam SHO blues 2

So I would suggest to first create a nice compositie from the channel data that wasn't corrected for gradients yet 😉

Kind regards,

Mabula

This post was modified 6 years ago by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
(@singding)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula,

So you are saying the best method is to take the raw "stitched" panels, do color composite,  then lip removal after?

I always have done lp removal first, then did the rgb composite. 

Just want to verify the process.

Thanks

Adam

Ps- thank you for playing with my data!! Haven't touched anything inover a month due to monsoon storms. 

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: singding

Hi Mabula,

So you are saying the best method is to take the raw "stitched" panels, do color composite,  then lip removal after?

I always have done lp removal first, then did the rgb composite. 

Just want to verify the process.

Thanks

Adam

Ps- thank you for playing with my data!! Haven't touched anything inover a month due to monsoon storms. 

Dear Adam @singding,

In this case, there is no recommended workflow, doing Light Pollution (LP) on all channels/layers before creating the composite can work, but you need to be very careful ;-). If the correction is not done the same for all layers of the composite, you will get these kind of problems.

I usually perform LP after having created the composite for that reason. Doing it after creation ensure that the correction of all layers is consistent and compatible. In most cases it saves you from extra work as well, since LP only needs to be done once in that case.

Whichever way works best is probably data related as well, so therefore I wouldn't say that either way is the way you should follow. Personally, I do LP on the composite, in most cases, that just works fine is my experience.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: