RGB Combine tool fo...

Share:

We have updated the forum software 🙂 ! We are now working on upgrading the whole site and the Forum to a dark theme...  so please refresh your internet browser twice to properly update the forum appearance AND functionality... Check your internet browser for the refresh function, on windows, this usually is the F5 button, but it depends on your internet browser.

RGB Combine tool for splitting OSC channels?  

RSS

(@anilketkar)
Molecular Cloud Customer
December 29, 2018 00:56  

Hello : I am wondering if I can use the RGB combine (or any other tool in APP) to split out LRGB channels from an OSC (One Shot Color) image out of a DSLR. I use a narrowband filter with 2 bandpasses. One is for deep red Hydrogen Alpha (HA) and the other is  wider bandpass in blue/green to capture both H-Beta and 2 lines of OIII.

Many times, the red HA is very dominant and then image turns out dominated by red. I was wondering about perhaps splitting out the blue/green channels and enhancing them and then recombining them (at the linear stage). Is that doable with any of the tools in APP, like the RGB combine? I have tried, but not had much success in doing so. If it is possible, I would like to know the whole process flow from a calibrated, integrated linear OSC image to a recombined image with enhanced blue/green channels. If needed, I can post a link to one of my recent integrated NB images taken with the DSLR/dual band filter combo. Thanks for any pointers you can give ..... Anil

ReplyQuote
Share: