Projection rotate u...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

[Solved] Projection rotate understand

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@minusman)
Black Hole
Topic starter  

Hello Vincent, how is actually the projection rotary controller in 4 register to understand. When I try different settings, the l-c-registered preview looks strange. 🤔 

Bildschirmfoto von 2020 02 12 21 18 47
Bildschirmfoto von 2020 02 12 21 18 23
Bildschirmfoto von 2020 02 12 21 17 21
Bildschirmfoto von 2020 02 12 21 16 58

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Well, apparently that is a known bug that shows itself in certain modes. Mabula is aware of it and it's on the fix-list, it should ofcourse rotate while staying in the frame. Thanks for the report!

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @minusman

Hello Vincent, how is actually the projection rotary controller in 4 register to understand. When I try different settings, the l-c-registered preview looks strange. 🤔 

Bildschirmfoto von 2020 02 12 21 18 47
Bildschirmfoto von 2020 02 12 21 18 23
Bildschirmfoto von 2020 02 12 21 17 21
Bildschirmfoto von 2020 02 12 21 16 58

Hi @minusman & @vincent-mod,

The projection rotate enable you to directly rotate the field of view. Once the data is registered, you can study this behaviour with the l-c-registered image viewer mode 😉

I have solved the bug, the bug would only happen with normal integration (Lanczos, Bicubic etc. data interpolations). If you enabled drizzle it would already work correctly.

Check release notes here:

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/release-information/astro-pixel-processor-1-076-preparing-next-release/

• FIXED, 4) REGISTER, PROJECTION ROTATE, due to an error in the algebra, the pre-rotation of the projection of the Field Of View (FOV) did not work correctly for regular integration. It did work properly for drizzle integration. The field of view was not properly shown in the integration Field Of View. This is now fixed. First image shows the problem that is fixed, second image shows the correct result after the fix:
Register projection rotate bad
Register projection rotate fixed

Will try to release this in another Beta today or tomorrow 😉

Mabula

This post was modified 4 years ago by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
(@minusman)
Black Hole
Topic starter  

Hello Mabula, hello Vincent. I'll check it out with drizzle settings. Have you seen the strange behavior in the stretch module? I reported it in Preview and save calibrated image errors.

ReplyQuote
Share: