1.076-Beta3: Black ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

9 July 2020 - APP 1.082 has been released which contains one important bug fix. 1.082 has full Fujifilm RAF support, so that includes SuperCCD & X-Trans camera's 🙂 !

9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

1.076-Beta3: Black Point, White Point and Gamma Changes in 9) Tools:RGB Combine when Calculate is clicked  

RSS

(@david)
Molecular Cloud Customer
February 14, 2020 00:34  

It seems that the black point changes unexpectedly when clicking the Calculate button in 9) Tools in the RGB Combine tool.

If I add red, green and blue channels, then click Calculate the image is created as expected. If I then change the black point (to say, 0.00602) then click Calculate again, the black point is changed to a different value (in this case, 0.00562). This change is repeatable, although the new black value varies.

Likewise, if I lower the white point it is raised to 1.00 and Gamma is reset to 1.0 when Calculate is clicked.

Shouldn't these settings, once set, stay as I set them, despite repeated usage of the Calculate button?

Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
February 14, 2020 12:27  

So to be clear, you're talking about changing the background stretch value on the right side of the preview window right? Not the bg slider on the left per channel..

If so, that preview is set to update automatically, so it then recalculates the so called optimal background value and such. You can switch it off by clicking the "auto" button on the right.

ReplyQuote
(@david)
Molecular Cloud Customer
February 14, 2020 15:09  
controls

I am talking about the black point, white point and gamma. But yes, I see that turning off auto does not reset these. Perfect.

Case closed and thank you!

Share: