1.076-Beta3: Black ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

1.076-Beta3: Black Point, White Point and Gamma Changes in 9) Tools:RGB Combine when Calculate is clicked

3 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@david)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

It seems that the black point changes unexpectedly when clicking the Calculate button in 9) Tools in the RGB Combine tool.

If I add red, green and blue channels, then click Calculate the image is created as expected. If I then change the black point (to say, 0.00602) then click Calculate again, the black point is changed to a different value (in this case, 0.00562). This change is repeatable, although the new black value varies.

Likewise, if I lower the white point it is raised to 1.00 and Gamma is reset to 1.0 when Calculate is clicked.

Shouldn't these settings, once set, stay as I set them, despite repeated usage of the Calculate button?

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

So to be clear, you're talking about changing the background stretch value on the right side of the preview window right? Not the bg slider on the left per channel..

If so, that preview is set to update automatically, so it then recalculates the so called optimal background value and such. You can switch it off by clicking the "auto" button on the right.

ReplyQuote
(@david)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  
controls

I am talking about the black point, white point and gamma. But yes, I see that turning off auto does not reset these. Perfect.

Case closed and thank you!

ReplyQuote
Share: